(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Drivers for Motion, Open/Close, Moisture, Smoke-Co Sensors and others Devices

Is this better?

Hi @mwal

I don’t think this Tuya device works with my driver. It does not have cluster 0001, for battery or 0500 for dry or wet state.

I don’t know if they are hidden or how it works.

I have been searching for information on other platforms and have not found anything that can help, sorry

Try using @w35l3y Driver. A similar device

modelID: 'TS0601', 
manufacturerName: '_TZE200_qq9mpfhw'

Your device is:

Model: q9mpfhw
Manufacturer: _TYST11_qq9mpfhw

should work with his EF00 driver. Ask him here:

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

I am using this smoke detector - it was discovered with your driver.
The problem is that after some time it’s go β€œoffline”.
I have two and they are acting the same.

Is there something you can do?

Thank you!

Hi @gmanor77

Install this driver version in your Hub
Uninstall devices with app
Add devices with this new driver version to device set with a custom configuration

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Smoke/CO Detector Mc
 Version      2024-01-13T13:55:25.04987638

Hi,

I am using this driver. Just to be sure, I need to remove the devices and add them again using your driver? Or there is another driver I need to install?

Thank you,

Guy

Yes.

You can delete the driver and reinstall it or wait for it to update automatically in 12 hours maximum.

Once updated you have to pair them again with this version of the driver.

Another question please…
I have a few more zigbee smoke detectors (from diffrent manufacture) using your driver - do I need to remove them all so the driver version will update?

Thank you.

Drivers will update even when there are devices using them. You can wait for the driver to update itself or you can force it by using the ST CLI using the command β€œsmartthings edge:drivers:install”. You will be prompted for which hub (if you have more than one) and then the channel. Select the driver in that channel and it will force the update.

2 Likes

Hi Mariano. I have new zigbee device and You dont have drivers. Is a water valve. I have zigbee thing picture…

Hi,

Sorry, this device uses Tuya cluster EF00 and does not work with my driver or stock driver.

Try in the thread Personal Tuya devices EF00

thanks for searching, i’ll try the option from dotan_shai

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

Can you add this device? (2 gang switch).

Thank you!

Hi @gmanor77

Added to this driver version
Instal this driver version in your hub
Uninstall device and reinstall with this driver version to device configure
You do not perform a driver change from zigbee thing Mc

Name         Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc     
 Version      2024-01-16T21:26:12.444733446        
- id: "TS0002/_TZ3000_qaa59zqd"
    deviceLabel: TS0002 Two switches
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_qaa59zqd
    model: TS0002
    deviceProfileName: two-switch-power-energy-1

HI Mariano,

I notice you mention this with all new devices. Are you able to explain? Is this the case at all times, or just for the initial binding to the driver? Is it a necessity, or just good practice?

If I have added a device with your driver, then change away, can I do a driver change to come back? Or must I always delete and re-add?

Hi Mariano,

Do you have a driver that would support this device? It’s a soil moisture sensor with temperature and illuminance.

It’s a Tuya device, but doesn’t seem to use the EF00 cluster.

Zigbee Smart 4 in 1 Soil Tester Sunlight/Temp/Moisture Meter Earth Humidity Sensor Remote Control Monitor for Gardening Outdoor - AliExpress

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi @RebelMagpie

Since you ask me, I’m going to expand a bit, the topic deserves it.

For many of Tuya’s multi-component switches, it is essential to pair them after putting the device in pairing mode to unlock it and make the components work independently.
This must be done right at the beginning. tuyaBlackMagic solution from @Trakker2 .

On the other hand, all the devices that are paired directly with zigbee thing or zigbee thing Mc because their fingerprints are not in any driver, the reports of any cluster are not configured because the profile does not have standard capabilities.

So if a driver change is made when fingerprints are added to a driver, device configuration is not performed either because until now, the doConfigure life cycle is not executed in this process.
This causes the device to not send periodic reports and the device does not work well and may appear offline intermittently.

This also goes for stock drivers.

I have said until now it is like this, because in the different firmware versions I am seeing undocumented changes in this operation.

When the device configuration is executed without errors, then it is marked as β€œprovisioningState”: β€œPROVISIONED”.

I have seen some log from a user, which shows that firmware 51.02 executes the doConfigure life cycle sending this message: β€œgenerating doConfigure event for TYPED provisioning state” and in this case it configured the device 2 times, once because the β€œprovisioningState” It was not correct or empty and another for normal execution for the first installation.

I have tried to reproduce it with firmware 52.1 and I have not succeeded, perhaps they have removed it because it seemed like an error or not necessary when the device is paired for the first time.

With firmware 51.2, I saw that when a driver change was made, the device was marked with the β€œprovisioningState”: β€œDRIVER_SWITCH” because the configuration was not carried out.
If the HUB is restarted in this state, it detects the β€œprovisioningState”: β€œDRIVER_SWITCH” and then the driverSwitched life cycle is executed, but that life cycle only checks if the profile capabilities match the clusters and if they do not match, they mark it. as β€œprovisioningState”: β€œNONFUNCTIONAL” and if they match, it leaves it marked as β€œprovisioningState”: β€œDRIVER_SWITCH”, but does not perform the configuration.

On the old groovy platform, whenever a DTH change was made, the device configuration was executed to configure the clusters with the new DTH.

In my drivers, when a device is paired with a driver change, the driver configure the device to ensure that it will work in most cases, in case the previous drive has differents profile capabilities.

Not in all of devices work fine, because there are devices that only accept the configuration on initial pairing or if they are awake when powered by battery. but if device was configured in previous driver and not device reset performed then configuration did not lost with a driver change.

Anyway, after more than two years of transition we have to continue investigating on our own when there are firmware changes or we detect that something is not working as expected, IT IS DESPERATE!!!

5 Likes

I have to do it, there is no profile with those capabilities.
I let you know when I have it.

2 Likes

Hi @RebelMagpie

Sorry, Yes, the profile existed.
I have added it to this version of the driver.

My doubt is that on the page your link says it measures the temperature of the air and the soil.
Since they only have one endpoint and a 0402 cluster, it is not possible to differentiate the two temperatures, if it really measures both.

Maybe it uses the device temperature, cluster 0000 to send one of the two, but I haven’t seen anything like this on the internet.

If you send me some logs when you touch the probe, I could see which cluster sends that temperature

You have to uninstall and reinstall device with this version of the driver for it to configure correctly

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────       
 Name         Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc 
 Version      2024-01-17T11:22:29.940280343
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "_TZ3000_kky16aay/TS0222"
    deviceLabel: YIERYI Soil Sensor
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_kky16aay
    model: TS0222
    deviceProfileName: temp-humid-illumin-battery
1 Like