(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Edge Drivers and others with FIBARO devices:

Hello

Would it be possible to add more settings for the Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)? For the longest time I’ve been using codersaur’s custom DTH that allowed setting the default switch on brightness level (ConfigParam19) and also the NIGHTMODE options which allowed you to set a lower switch on brightness level between specific times. As I understood from the DTH, it stored the previous value of ConfigParam19 in cache then set it to the new lower value until the end time happened before switching it back. This old DTH doesn’t work too well with the more recent versions of ST so I’ve been looking for an alternative way of doing this. I’ve found this driver to react much faster than the DTH so would love to see these couple of options added too.

Thank you for your work on this driver so far!

Hi @Cokecan72
The parameter 19 can be added, But it will be in a while, remind me in August, I won’t have access to the CLI for a long time

You can do the night mode with automations and using the sending of scenes, for example:

• You activate the sending of scenes with parameter 28
  • According to the fibaro documentation, it will send the corresponding keystrokes to buttons 1 and 2 according to this table:

Button 1 receive scenes from S1 mechanical switch
Button 2 receive scenes from S2 mechanical switch

You do an automation:

• In this period of time
  • IF:
    • Button 1: 1 x Click (Pressed 1 time) or other value you choose 2 x Click…
    • light is Off
  • Then:
    • Set level to x%

link to fibaro dimmer2 documentation
https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGD-212/FGD-212-EN-T-v1.3.pdf

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

• Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223)
    I have a problem, even if the wires are connected correctly, I have to reverse the setting q1 and q2, after doing it, they work but I have to reverse s1 and s2 which start to go backwards.

power consumption is not recorded but is the least.

the real problem is that I have to click on alt many times before cghe stops, and often while I do it is enchanted and I have to restart the application! what could it be?

Hello, @Gildo

I don’t have the device and I don’t know very well how it works, I only added it to the driver for users who requested and tried it.

I know that physical switches can be inverted in preferences.

The one that doesn’t respond quickly seems like a zwave network problem.
When re-pairing with edge the device may not have the best route and need to do a zwave repair.

Anyway I have noticed that my zwave network works much slower than zigbee since a few weeks and there is no way to fix or improve it, I have given up!

Maybe a user who has the device in use can help you better.

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Thanks for your help!
I will do further tests!

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo , I have just paired a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and it paired it with the “Z-wave switch Mc” driver even if I installed the “Z-Wave Window Treatment Mc” driver. Do you have an idea why and how to fix it?

Many thanks!

Try to make a driver change in app.

I don’t understand how it pairs with Z-wave switch Mc, if the driver that has its correct fingerprints is installed

Right, I didn’t specified, it doesn’t show me another driver to choose in the app. Is it possible I have to wait a bit? The hub is fresh out of the box and I’m installing lot of stuff on it.

Also, is this fingerprint covered? I thought maybe they have several fingerprints for the same model…

The driver is correctly installed because I have 5 Fibaro RS 2 that paired with it immediately.

Thanks again.

Yes, 010F, 0303, 1000 is in the driver.

Could you install Zwave Thing Mc and make a driver change, to see fingerprints?

1 Like

Weird, it doesn’t let me use Z-wave thing mc either.

I removed it and repaired with the hub, now it has the right driver. No idea why this fixed it, but anyway… Thanks for the availability and sorry for having bothered you!

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo
This isn’t a Fibaro request, but since the code seems to be similar between them and Zooz, do you think you could add the ZEN15 power metering switch to your stable of drivers.
I’m running them on the smartthings stock driver with no custom capabilities. One is on refrigerator and other whole house dehumidifier.

fingerprint mfr:“027A”, prod:“0101”, model:“000D”, deviceJoinName: “Zooz Power Switch” // VER 1.0 & 2.0

Hi @K_White

I don’t know if the zen15 is similar to any fibaro switch.
Zooz announced that it would make edge drivers for all of its products.

I don’t know if you ask @TheSmartestHouse they could clarify something else.

1 Like

I’m in the Zooz beta and doesn’t seem very promising for older devices as of now. Was a long shot asking you, but I know you did the ZEN31, so figured I’d give you a try.

Until next month I can not do anything, just see the forum.

When I can I’ll take a look at it to see if it’s easy to do. The zen31 is identical to the Fibaro RGBW controller, but this zen15 I have no idea

This is why I figured I ask, didn’t know if it possibly had some similarities with your switch drivers for an easy addition.

Thank you and enjoy your time away.

Hey Mariano,
I detected a weird behavior of the driver after I paired my third Double Switch (FGS-223).

The Switch 1 control won’t appear in the app, as shown in the screenshot.

Is this a know issue? Any workaround?

Thank you!

The Edge driver is working for the first 2 devices but not the third. I wonder what kind of issue would make the Edge driver stop working on the third, but work correctly on the first two? Have tried clearing app cache? Restarting app and hub? Deleting device from hub, factory resetting it, then including it again? Many things to try first.

1 Like

Everything apart from rebooting hub, I will try but at the moment I added a batch of 20 more devices and I’m waiting till it ‘processes’ them.

Anyway, it seems an app thing, sinc the device is working and the driver is correclty installed.

2 Likes

If the slider in the app doesn’t work, do you think the only way to fix is removing the device and re pairing it?