@Mariano_Colmenarejo, I’ve noticed in the Zipato Siren manual the following:

zipato siren doorbell activation

Can this command be triggered someway?
Maybe through a vritual device?

Hi @Sediento

I don’t know what you mean.
That parameter is in preference settings

I meant the following:

β€œwhen the siren receives a door/window sensor notification report or an alarm command (BASIC_SET=0x02) from a controller”

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

According to the FGBS-222 manual you can connect up to 6 external probes in parallel. I believe what that means is the each probe will show up as a separate unique device Endpoints 8-13

For my purpose:

1. I would like to use ONLY an external probe. Only 1 is needed/required (support for more would be nice and optional). This uses only the SD/SP/GND connection (no IN, no OUT)

It is critical to be able to set the unsolicited polling frequency for this (e.g. report the temperature of the external probe every 5 minutes)

The relevant parameters are:

1. The OUT port would be useful (for example if the external probe temperature reaches a certain threshold then close the OUT port to turn on/off a device. (very useful but not minimally required)

2. The built-in temperature sensor is of little use but nice to have - as it will not be very accurate and cannot be submersed in water (like the external probe)

The relevant parameters are:

I have no experience with this, I have never used it. Other users may be able to help you better.

The BASIC_SET = On or Off command can be received from a Zwave contact sensor configuring the direct association with the siren.
Or I imagine that if you do a routine that when a contact sensor opens, it activates the siren.
If you have that parameter configured to sound the bell, it will sound for the bell instead of the siren.

My siren has not bell option

1 Like

@sflamm

I have made this Beta driver

It has 4 components:

• Indoor temperature
  • Outside temperature
  • out 1
  • out 2

I have put all the parameters except the association ones that only invert the on-off status sent by IN1 and IN2

It has a presentation to show the temperature of the external probe in the mosaic.

An independent virtual thermostat child can be created for the outside temperature sensor

For the switches out 1 and out 2, I haven’t put the child device yet, I didn’t have time.

If you want to try, this week I will not be able to change anything until Saturday or Sunday.

It will take me an hour to go to sleep, in case you tell me something that doesn’t work, which is very possible

Driver version

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Driver Id    35bfd30e-0911-41b9-bded-2f7f6005656a 
 Name         Fibaro Smart Implant BETA
 Version      2023-01-30T22:01:21.289305485        
- id: fibaro/smart-implant
    deviceLabel: Fibaro Smart Implant
    manufacturerId: 0x010F
    productType: 0x0502
    deviceProfileName: fibaro-smart-implant-temp
1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

Wow - amazingly fast! Thanks - Much appreciated.

Unfortunately I am traveling and likely will not be able to test this until the weekend. I will let you know as soon as I am able to …

@Pamaliska or anyone else able to try it out sooner?

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo, my problem is that the doorbell sound is never triggered, I’ve created several virtual devices but up to now with no luck.

Hi @Sediento
The driver uses the defaults and probably uses the SWITCH_BINARY command, not BASIC_SET

try binding an open/close zewave sensor to it and it will send a BASIC_SET command when it opens or closes.

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo, I don’t have a zwave sensor to try it, can a zwave virtual device be created someway?

These devices were installed around 2016, the firmware has not been updated since installation.
I’m unfamiliar with DTH, I’m googling for information but if you have any tips on where its located or how to use it I’d appreciate it.
Controller version 2.3.13.-9 was listed under Information in the app for the device.

@John_K

If You use IDE can capture this data

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0109 prod:2017 model:1717 ver:17.02 zwv:3.67 lib:06 cc:60,25,27,85,72,86 epc:2 ep:[β€˜1001 20,25’]

Hi @Sediento

It cannot be done with a virtual device.
You have to use an open/close zwave sensor and associate it to the siren to send the BASIC_SET command to it.

As @TapioX and @JDRoberts told you in another thread you can use Z-Wave Device Config Mc driver to configure the association sensor-siren

1 Like

Is this the correct URL for IDE: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
If so do I need to install an edge device handler for iDE?

@John_K
Wath DTH were You used?

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

I’m getting the following today when trying to execute any on/off on my Fibaro RGBW 442s:

2023-02-02T19:46:11.585898219+00:00 TRACE Z-Wave Bulb Mc Received event with handler capability
2023-02-02T19:46:11.604377303+00:00 TRACE Z-Wave Bulb Mc Z-Wave command(b36c22f2) queued for radio transmission: CC:Switch Color, CID:0x05
2023-02-02T19:46:11.616639136+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Bulb Mc <ZwaveDevice: xxxxxxx [BF] (Study Credenza LEDs)> received command: {β€œargs”:{},β€œcapability”:β€œswitch”,β€œcommand”:β€œon”,β€œcomponent”:β€œmain”,β€œpositional_args”:{}}
2023-02-02T19:46:11.617414636+00:00 TRACE Z-Wave Bulb Mc Found CapabilityCommandDispatcher handler in zwave_bulb β†’ Fibaro RGBW Controller
2023-02-02T19:46:11.618091261+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Bulb Mc <ZwaveDevice: xxxxxxxxx [BF] (Study Credenza LEDs)> sending Z-Wave command: {args={color_components={{color_component_id=β€œWARM_WHITE”, value=255}}}, cmd_class=β€œSWITCH_COLOR”, cmd_id=β€œSET”, dst_channels={}, encap=β€œAUTO”, payload=β€œ\x01\x00\xFF”, src_channel=0, version=1}
2023-02-02T19:46:11.619322636+00:00 ERROR Z-Wave Bulb Mc Study Credenza LEDs thread encountered error: [string β€œst/dispatcher.lua”]:233: Error encountered while processing event for <ZwaveDevice: xxxxxxxx [BF] (Study Credenza LEDs)>:
arg1: table: 0x1674140
[string β€œst/dispatcher.lua”]:233: Error encountered while processing event for <ZwaveDevice: xxxxxxxxxx [BF] (Study Credenza LEDs)>:
arg1: table: 0x1674140
[string β€œfibaro-rgbw-controller/init.lua”]:134: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (field β€˜DEFAULT_DIMMING_DURATION’)
2023-02-02T19:46:11.727935719+00:00 TRACE Z-Wave Bulb Mc Z-Wave command(b36c22f2) transmit status: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_OK

Eventually I get a network timeout in the ST app.

UPDATE: Actually, I’m getting the same logs when trying to do anything with the device.

Hi Mariano,

I have setup the Fibaro Smart Implant with the DS18B20 external temperature sensor

SmartThings found the Implant, added the device and assigned your beta driver

I can see the following settings

The actual temperature is 72.6
As you can see:
a) the external temp is showing 73.8F (close)
b) and internal 91F (not close)

After changing settings:

65 Internal temp sensor minimum change to report: 1
66 Internal sensor periodic reports: 60
67 External temp sensor minim change to report: 1
68 External temp sensor periodic reports: 60

Uploading: unnamed.jpg…

The external and internal are now clearly far off…

Looking at the history it has stopped sending updates as well

As a suggestion - can you make it so that when you press the external button on the implant it send the current temps immediately?

So you know… after each change of the Settings I immediately pressed the button so that it would take the change… but that did not seem to work… power cycling the device seemed to make it take the new settings.

Please let me know the next steps to help debug.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I powered the implant on and off…

1. it appears to be now sending external temp updates.
    Which are pretty accurate. (within .5 degrees F of my digital thermometer)

2. The internal temp mever changes and is off

3. The history seems to be updating now… (yes the temp of the water is dropping fairly rapidly… ambient temp is 71.5F… and the numbers continue to match the digital thermometer closely)

It is giving near real-time updates - it is appears to be sending real-time changes for each minimum .1 degree change and reporting once a minute too (per my current settings)… accuact remains within .5 degree of the handheld digital thermometer.

will test/monitor… but looking really nice!

1 Like

For those looking for a near-realtime temperature reading (application such as hot tub, aquarium, …) here is where to get the pieces:

Fibaro Implant $37

DS18B20 kit $7.50

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/dfrobot/KIT0021/7087154?so=79768170&content=productdetail_US&mkt_tok=MDI4LVNYSy01MDcAAAGJnCj4bSg2qYImAj5zjwMMrOyoEsdHhkeI2uKopCBDGPzm3dFUdbWCJ2_QSkXiIcTkydKvDOrWwHIEzOM3YCFjSnazqSt_fz9soMspmB-F

Power Supply 12V DC .5A $6

Hi @sflamm
I’m glad it works.

In this version I have modified the defaults for the temperature reports, which were set to value 0 and should be set to value 5 (0.5ΒΊ)

According to the manual, the sensor button does not allow me to send the values.
You can get the latest device values if you perform a refresh in the app by swiping down in the details view

Name         Fibaro Smart Implant BETA
 Version      2023-02-04T10:09:58.68100059
1 Like