[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

Unzipped the Cli from
The GitHub and stuck now, what do I do next?

I’ve also downloaded the SmartThings.exe file and won’t execute even though it’s in that folder

I don’t know

The CLI is a smartthings product, nothing to do with this driver.

You might be better finding a different thread, or posting your own for help with the CLI

This thread had a instructions written with step by step on how to setup and access the CLI logs. It helped me learn how to do the basics of using it and get it working.

Only thing I learned and now do different is when you get to the power shell part. I believe you can do a shift right click or something like that to get the prompt to open a power shell in that folder.

Helps you avoid the DOS commands a little.

It’s been a bit since I was fumbling my way through that. I’m not at my PC to look and won’t be till late tonight. I think I shared that shortcut on the MyQ edge thread before.

See this post where I was trying to help someone else.

About 3 or 4 comments above that @rumrunner424 shared the CLI run command you use.

@Derrek113116 @lcohen999

I was able to recreate the issue you faced in adding another hub, bizarrely I have no idea what is causing it. Republishing my original driver without any changes seems to have fixed it though. So im wondering if i made a mistake at the last driver update.

Once your driver is updated (it will happen with 24 hours) can you try again with the second hub?

You can force a driver update by re-installing it in the app or using the CLI.

Thank you for all the info I’ll sit down and play around with cli when I get a chance.

Will reinstall driver and try again, I was going to try that but wasn’t sure if I’d mess something up.

Thank you will get back to you

Actually - the problem is still not fixed - new ones still go into the same stuck state.

However - existing ones seem to start working on driver update. I will figure this out then publish an update.

This is now fixed on the version I just published

@Derrek113116 @lcohen999 please test with the new version

1 Like

I see it working now on two of them but my third isn’t

Possible I didn’t get your new driver yet, though

You can check the version of the driver - the latest one was published at 12:31 today.

You might need to change the IP address of the one that is not working, then change it back again to force it to reconnect. (Or delete it and re-add it)

Stupid question how do I easily update the driver thru the app?

Looks like it might update automatically to users when you do it added 3rd hub with ease will let you know how goes for other ones. Thank you honestly.

Went to add 4th hub got the same error as before, so I decided to delete all the hubs and start fresh. I uninstalled driver and reinstalled. I had able to add the 1st hub but it did not create the 2 activities for on/off and the other for all off activities. Tried to add second hub and getting same errors can’t get device status etc

A trick to force and update of an Edge driver that is attached to devices…try to Delete the driver. An error will say that you cannot delete it because there are devices attached, however it forces an update of the driver. I cannot say whether that is a bug or a feature.

1 Like

Thank you Dan!! Good to know. So I deleted and reinstalled driver again was now able to get hub 1 working adding 2nd hub and get the error.

The big I found ( and thought I fixed) was to do with the way the driver attempts to connect after a reconfigure.

Can you try rebooting the hub, to see if the stuck ones spring into action. (Not a solution, but it could get you working for now)

Hub rebooted created the 2 activities, interestingly I woke up and device was found in hub so I logged at log, payload constantly being sent and only received a few times but the turn on kitchen television activity doesn’t show up.Now after rebooting hub it’s constantly sending payload and not being received.

Here’s what it’s doing now

There seems to be some kind of issue stopping the connection remaining open to subsequent hubs, I dont know what this is, or what introduced it. Seeing your logcat logs may help