[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

People who don’t have a smartthings/aeotec hub, and therefore cannot use any edge driver can still use API Browser plus (another community project that only requires a web browser ) to create both simple on/off virtual switches and virtual locks.

The on/off switch created there won’t work to trigger an Alexa routine at this time, but the virtual lock will. So those without a smartthings hub can use that virtual lock in place of the old groovy “Alexa switch“ devices.

And if you find it confusing starting an automation with a lock, you can create an extra smartthings routine, so that turning on the virtual switch unlocks the virtual lock. That keeps the lock invisible to the human, but still useful for the Amazon integration.

I apologize, I know that’s all off-topic for this thread, which is about an edge driver, and therefore requires a SmartThings/Aeotec hub, but I figured it was quicker to just respond in one post and get it over with.

Here’s the link to the thread about API browser plus.

SmartThings API Browser+ ... Now Available to All

And here’s the community FAQ on virtual devices after Groovy. This includes information both for people with a ST hub and without, so might be useful to some of the readers of this topic as well.

FAQ: Creating Virtual Devices with the new architecture (Without the IDE) (2023)

Please start a new thread if you have any further questions that would be off-topic here. :sunglasses:

1 Like