[EDGE] Awair Air Quality Sensor using Local API: Connection Closed issue (link to driver in post #39)

@blueyetisoftware I think there is only some sort of restriction that iquix is doing because he copied code from someone else. It probably won’t be too hard to redo and make open source. I wish I knew enough to make the modification because I would have like to simplify the info displayed on the tile. It seems there was some work around or something needed to connect to the device but once you do it will just return this string and you just assign the data for each sensor/capability. And not sure if there is access to the smartthings air care. The old official integration was able to but I guess people cant make their own devices work with it?

example of data
“{“timestamp”:“2022-08-29T01:47:18.254Z”,“score”:92,“dew_point”:14.36,“temp”:24.18,“humid”:54.28,“abs_humid”:11.90,“co2”:453,“co2_est”:465,“co2_est_baseline”:35883,“voc”:460,“voc_baseline”:38401,“voc_h2_raw”:25,“voc_ethanol_raw”:36,“pm25”:0,“pm10_est”:1}”

1 Like

Without integratedwith Air Care, how are you all comparing indoor with outdoor air quality?

I can still see the outdoor values and use air care with my air purifiers. I mainly use the awair sensors for CO2 and VOC values to turn on exhaust fans to try to ventilate the house (even though I don’t have a outside air intake on my HVAC unit it’ll pull in air from the window cracks etc. )