EcoSmart Zigbee Remote

Is the device handler out yet? Could someone explain how to set it up? New to smartthings

it’s not published to the production environment yet

1 Like

…Just waiting patiently to be able to mark a post as the Solution when the DTH is released… :wink:

3 Likes

So, I have a few dozen of these bulbs and remotes. I’m hoping the handler might somehow magically solve the problem of the spooky action that occurs, where any additional Ecosmart remote added to Smartthings becomes a clone of the first. If not I’ll have to make the difficult decision of which room gets the functionality of the remotes and hub connectivity, and which rooms will get one of the two… not a terrible predicament really.

Either way, thanks for putting in the work on this project.

Cheers

30 minutes or less or pizza :pizza: is free…subscribed

The DTH is in the final stage of our release pipeline…

12 Likes

Is this published under “EcoSmart 4-button Remote”?

1 Like

Is this the one we should be looking for? Looks like it was last updated 6 days ago.

3 Likes

That is the correct DTH; surprised someone didn’t post it sooner :wink: Even though it was published to our public repo it is still going through the process of making it into production where it will “just work” when you join the device. You’re more than welcome to grab the DTH and self publish it, but I would advise that you switch to the official build-in distribution of the DTH when it makes it to production so that you get bugfixes/etc. when they are released in the future.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it wasn’t available at all…just not in the production environment :wink:

2 Likes

How did you get the remotes to link to the Smartthings hub?

I self-published the unofficial DTH and have been playing around a bit…

It seems as though if you have an Ecosmart remote paired to a bulb via ST, any additional Ecosmart remote paired to ST will also control that bulb, or group of bulbs. I’m able to assign other actions to the buttons, but the remote still controls the original bulb or group.

Assuming this will be the case in the official release, which may necessitate not pairing the remotes to the bulbs, I’m curious how one might go about recreating some of the original functions of the remote, e.g. Incremental dimming/color temp change, Toggle on/off.

This is an open question to the community at large, as I’ve wondered how to assign incremental dimming to other buttons/toggles in the past. Anyone’s help will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the good work.

I added the DTH, but when I go to Create Device, what Zigbee ID should I assign it?

Toggle is possible with the default button automation creator in the new app. Incrementing brightness and/or color temp would be more difficult. Probably would have to be a webcore job.

you don’t. pair via the mobile app. just choose z-wave generic to get the hub into pairing mode.

@BroderickCarlin maybe work on convincing the app team to add a zigbee generic “brand” to the new app. :slight_smile: Kinda strange to have z-wave but not zigbee.

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. I’m sorry I still can’t get it to work. When I put the remote into pairing mode, and go to ‘Add a Thing’ in the ST classic app, it doesn’t find anything and I can’t find a z-wave generic device. Isn’t this zigbee though?

Also, how does the adding the DTH above come into play?

Sorry for all the questions!

If this is your first time with self installing a DTH I would just hold off for the official release (should hit production next Tuesday)

2 Likes

No, I’ve installed plenty. Normally after installing, I manually ‘Create a Device’ with the newly published DTH. But you all are saying to “pair” it. I’m confused.

What I did to pair the remote is using the new app, then choose the Aurora brand–>remote/button. At the same time I used the pin to hit the reset button at the back of the remote for 3 seconds. After the remoter is paired to the hub as a Thing, you can go to the IDE to change it to Ecosmart button.

1 Like

Thanks for the info regarding button automation center, first I’ve heard of it. Toggle on/off alone is a great option which still leaves 3 buttons for brightness/temp combinations.

Incremental dimming/temp change would be a big hit, if someone could pull it off. Maybe I’ll wade into this webcore stuff, but I’ll have to rely on some of you savvy folk for some guidance.

1 Like

I made very simple brightness change function in webcore in above picture.

2 Likes