Ecobee - Remote/Button Temperature Change?

Hello Smart people! , I can’t find ANY similar information… so I don’t know if this outlandish, or just utterly basic but here goes:
I have a Philips Hue Dimmer Remote on the side of my nightstand (but would readily switch to any button/remote that would work) - and I would like to be able to use 2 of the buttons to modulate my Ecobee set Temp +/- 2 degrees…

I have tried some things in Node Red, but I’m literally guessing with no avail… I have ST, HA, and a HA Hue dimmer component to code the remote buttons. i have looked through the Ecobee API manual, but I’m getting nowhere!

Again, I don’t care if it’s this dimmer- I’m open to anything that will allow me to change the temp without opening my phone or talking to Alexa!

Any suggestions, code I could try would be greatly appreciated!

My newbie apologies if this is basic, and while I’m here I would like to say thanks- you guys are amazing and such a cool community, I am forever stalking the boards! :slightly_smiling_face:

Tagging @yvesracine

Hi, Why don’t use WebCore to do this custom logic? Just go to the Webcore forum and ask for help:

You can then get the current ecobee thermostat’s setpoint (device.currentThermostatSetpoint) and add/subtract x degrees from it in order to resend the new Setpoint (setThermostatSetpoint) according to the bouton pressed…

Regards.

3 Likes