Echo is coming to the UK! Woo!

Couldn’t resist. Ordered a DOT also.
Released on October 20, 2016

Sort of makes the DOT free after the £50 discount for the Echo.

Just ordered an Echo and Dot also.

It looks like ‘invite only’ applied to Dot orders in Germany

They are doing a bundle in the UK for the DOT and the Netatmo Thermostat. Interesting !

They might give you the ability to change the US one into a UK one; it’s only software after all.

Kraeg

Ordered the Echo for £99 :slight_smile: will wait for christmas for a few dots

As far as I can see, there are no differences between that of the Echo and Dot other than the speaker?

I have a Sonos Play:1 and integration is coming soon so would it be wise to save the £50 and go for the Dot?

They’re also running a buy 5 Dots, get one free, anyone wanna split? :smiley:

Yup the echo has a 2.5 inch woofer and 2.0 inch tweeter to play music
The dot has a speaker for voice feedback i believe you can play music on it but it’s recommended to plug in by the 3.5mm or bluetooth

i actually phone amazon to find out

the guys said basically there is no echo support for UK yet. But… you should be able to update address settings in the app and will work now the UK release is set. (maybe few days)

(couldn’t resist a cheeky question) he also said that as far as the harmony hub intergation goes… its coming but not finished yet :wink:

I was only going to order a dot, but given the £50 off for prime members I’ve ordered both an Echo and a Dot! Just hope they’re worth it.

RIP my bank account!

2 Likes

Well you haven’t spent anything yet

99.99 on 28th September
And
49.99 on 20th October

Not exactly a lot of publicity about it working with SmartThings !

Seems like “Jamie Oliver” gets a higher billing :grinning:

True. Still a lot of money regardless - but luckily it’s over 2 pay days! :slight_smile:

Wish they would deliver to Norway … :frowning:

Good news - I wonder if it will keep the US voice when linked to the UK servers ?
I think I prefer the US voice !

Echo orders are limited to one unit per customer.

Probably a good thing !

Just ordered two echo’s :slight_smile:
Note: you can order one of each colour. £100 saved by order two! :cool:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Info - Just tried it and it works.
Don’t really like the white, but never mind !

Unless you want 6 or 12 surely? anyone ordered that many to get the free ones?

My mistake was thinking about the dots which looks like its limited to 24 per customer :open_mouth:

@bennetm3 Could always get in touch with customer service after delivery and say you ordered the wrong colour, chances are they’ll send you out another at the same price without realising.

Just had this email from Amazon

"Hello Karl,

This is Janelle with Alexa Customer Support. I understand you would like to know whether your Echo, which you have purchased from the U.S can be used to link to your Prime account in U.K. or not. Let me assist you with this.

Once the Echo becomes available in the UK, which is on Wednesday, September 28, 2016, you will be able to migrate your Echo over and have it functioning properly."

4 Likes