Do Amazon brand smart plugs work with SmartThings?

I just installed my new SmartThings Hub (Aeotec ) and things have so far gone fairly smoothly with getting all my current devices added (wifi and zigbee) and a few simple routines created. However there was one routine I was going to write and I realized the Amazon smart plug device involved does not show up in ST. In fact I now realize that no Amazon branded smart devices (not that many) are listed as an integrated brand or device type. So my question is am I missing something or there are just no supported Amazon branded devices that works with ST? This is not a deal breaker as I can always set up the routines in Alexa with my plugs and Flex Timers but just surprised.

They do not have a current integration. :disappointed_relieved:

There is a workaround, but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s for ā€œrookies.ā€ You have to create a simulated sensor, turn that sensor on from smartthings, and use that as the trigger for an Alexa routine (not a smartthings routine) which can then turn the smart plug on or off.

This works, but can be a little glitchy. So let us know if you want to learn more about it. :disappointed_relieved:

Hereā€™s the community FAQ for this kind of situation. The topic title is a clickable link.

Also, as a personal favor, in the future would you please write thread titles which are specific to the brand and device model that you are asking about? This is a very busy forum and most people only read the threads that they are specifically interested in. The more specific your thread title, the more people who will read it, and the more helpful the forum becomes as an information archive. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Damn @JDRoberts I go get a cup of coffee and come back to reply and find youā€™ve already answered. Good job bud.

2 Likes

Speed where it counts! LOL!

3 Likes

Yeah - Heā€™s got the fastest reply in the westā€¦ But he also backs it up with the best answers. This one Iā€™d take as gospel truth. :wink:

2 Likes

If youā€™re like me then you have automations in different apps, these include SmartThings, Alexa, IFTTT, Nest and Smartlife.

1 Like

SYLVANIA SMART + ZigBee smart plug, Works with SmartThings, Pasco Connect Wink and Amazon Echo plus, Hub Needed for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, 1 pack.