Devices we don't have

Estimote I beacon support for all 3 I beacon ranges for use as both an occupancy sensor and a proximity sensor, as well as to improve geofencing for iOS 8 devices.

1 Like

Yeah they have variant models of fingerprint reader, RFID, keypad, and they all have tumblers as a backup. Not sure if every model has the wireless module add on.

1 Like

How do you trigger the morning weather with motion? App? Is it only during a time window? My GF would love this.

If youā€™re using the published version, then you can use the SmartApp ā€œSonos Weather Forecastā€ (SmartSetup -> More -> SmartThings Labs); or if youā€™re using the self-installed version, use the ā€œWeather Forecastā€ SmartApp from our GitHub page. You can choose a trigger (or a scheduled time), and there are options like ā€œOnly during a certain timeā€ and ā€œOnly once per dayā€.

1 Like

I see IP camera request and especially for Foscam Cameras. ST should be looking at a company like BeHome247. They have a stout Foscam, Z-Wave, Zigbee and 802 controller. Itā€™s not free but they appear to have all of the things ST is lacking. Might be a good partner ā€¦

IP camera is a must and dropcam is not the answer

3 Likes

Hi New Guy here.
I would love a simple I/O device that I could connect anything too.
For example I have pressure sensor that has two wires for closing the loop. with this I could have beside the bed and when stood on would turn on the bathroom light.

Take a look at the MonoPrice sensor and check out the thread below. It can already be done for the pressure sensor. Iā€™ve used the setup to know when my dog gets on the couch while my wife & I are gone.

2 Likes

Mimolite would be a good device for this.

1 Like

LG has a neat zigbee light bulb you can now buy at Bestbuy, has anyone bought one of these yet and tried to pair it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-800-lumen-9-5w-dimmable-a19-wireless-led-light-bulb-60w-equivalent-warm-white/1546008.p?id=1219500995818&skuId=1546008

1 Like

Are these features of the bulb (ZigBee Light Link) or of particular controllers?

Alarm and sleep modes
Allow the bulb to slowly become brighter or slowly dim at specific times. Security mode enables the light to turn on or off at designated times to act as a theft deterrent.

Its a zigbee device(not cloud based), I assume it would be controlled by the hub itself. same as if you had a dimmer switch?

Has anyone tried Pure Jongo wireless speakers on ST yet? Theyā€™re so much cheaper then Sonos.

Please work with Amazon to integrate the Echo. The Amazon Echo is awesome!!!

3 Likes

@Don_Woods : Do you have one? I have heard otherwiseā€¦

I have one, and I would agree with @Don_Woods that it is indeed awesome. It will soon be the all-hearing ears on my ST controlled home, whether or not Amazon releases an official API that ST can work in.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t wait so bought it off EBay. Itā€™s cool. Check reviews here http://www.cnet.com/products/amazon-echo/user-reviews/

@darrylb I have an Amazon Echo, I got my invite a while ago and got it. It isnā€™t bad, speaker is not as good as Sonos for sure but the voice recognition is pretty good.

It will be awesome, if there is some integration with other things but we will see what Amazon does to open it up.

1 Like

Tankless Water Heater - specifically TruTankless, which supposedly uses zigbee protocol. Unless someone out there has found a way to integrateā€¦

The idea that I love the best, and others have already suggested, is adding IP wireless cameras interface with recording capability. There is an existing community for that customer base, but no one has combined the two. If you can combine a security camera interface with your sensor/alarm system, you could overtake the market!

@gspring - just a quick question - what would you want from a tankless? You donā€™t have to turn it on and off to save power, because it is tankless. So, Iā€™m missing something obvious. Iā€™m also curious because we are going to explore a tankless later this year when we replace our current water heater.

1 Like