Device preference options of type bool, number and enum not being displayed in App

Platform release notes for 6/29/15

This is still not working for me. Enum input cannot be selected in the device handler and number input fields with default value are not populated.

Maybe it has to propagate?

I donā€™t live in the North Pole, you know. Iā€™m practically next door to Palo Alto. :smile:

1 Like

I have no idea what their server architecture is. But Iā€™ve run 20 servers from the same room and only updated two at a time on a two hour cycle, so it took almost a full day to propagate changes to all clients.

Oh, I seeā€¦ I must be on that old scratchy box connected via acoustically coupled modem then. :smile:

3 Likes

I got this too, I fixed but not sure how. I think it had to deal with default valueā€¦ try 8080 instead of ā€œ8080ā€.

With help of puppet / git and containers you can update thousand of services in a couple of minutes :slight_smile: who does administer his server by hand anymore ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried it. Unfortunately, it makes no difference.

Interestingly, on Android device, ā€œnumberā€ inputs with default value work correctly, but ā€œenumā€ inputs donā€™t work on both Android and iOS, although the message displayed is different:

iOS - ā€œNo Available Optionsā€
Android - ā€œNo devices to connectā€

Also, On Android, opening a device takes forever and often bombs with ā€œSorry, there was unexpected errorā€. This does not happen on iOS though. Anyway, it feels like no one at ST knows what the hell is going on. Total clusterfunk.

Different companies have different update policies. Staged rollouts are useful for a lot of different situations. Both Google Play and iTunes offer them as an automated developer option.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en

I can reproduce. It works if you set no values (default value is present as requested) but as soon as you enter a value and press done, the next time the text field will be empty (it should contain the current value which is stored as we can see it in devices properties web site).

EDIT: If you clear the value using the web site, the textfield is populated with the default value in preference paneā€¦

But it works fine for enum inputā€¦

Nope. Still shows ā€œNo Available Optionsā€. Thatā€™s all devices with enum input, not just one rogue device, btw. Iā€™m pretty much had enough of this bee-es.

I donā€™t think I ever saw the ā€œReplaceā€ or ā€œRemoveā€ options before.

Not really clear on the difference between ā€œdoneā€ and ā€œreplaceā€

I am afraid to press either of them :smile:

For sure enum in device type is working for me as long as the defaultValue.

Sometimes I got error when loading the preferences pane (Error Fetching devices. Please retry) but the second time it works.

The only thing which is not working properly is as long as you set a value for a number, the field area will be empty (no default value and no current value).

Not a big deal but it looks this as not been fully testedā€¦

Replace has been available in IOS for awhile. Itā€™s a utility intended to let you swap out a physically defective zwave device with another of the same model.

1 Like

LOL, testingā€¦whatā€™s that. Lets face it folks ST developers donā€™t believe in Testing.

2 Likes

Yep. Who needs QA when you have customers? BTW, enum is still a no-go for me. Iā€™m about to throw in the towel. If itā€™s not fixed by the end of the week, Iā€™m putting up my hub for sale.

I really wonder what is different for you. Other iOS folks have said it was fixed. Whatā€™s special about you. Are you on the Harmony Beta ? Perhaps that is a customized back end that wasnā€™t updated ? Any other reason why you would be talking to a different server than the rest of us ?

Iā€™ve never had Harmony and I do not participate in any beta testing at the moment.

I am. Apparently they are open it widerā€¦