Developer Discussion: 11/18/2015 - Special Guest: David McCrindle - Director of Consumer Visual Design

Hi All!

Time for another developer call!

We have a special guest this week!

David McCrindle, our Director of Consumer Visual Design, will be joining us! He’s here to listen to you guys and is excited to hear your feedback!

Here’s a preview of what topics we’ll cover:

• Open Discussion with David McCrindle
  • Answers to some of the questions asked on previous dev calls
  • Q&A if we have time

Every other Wednesday for 1 hour
8pm EST / 7pm CST / 5pm PST

To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/254201385

To join via Phone:

1. Dial:
    +1.408.740.7256
    +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
    +1.416.900.2956 (Canada)
    +44.203.608.5256 (UK)
    (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
  2. Enter Conference ID: 254201385

5 Likes

Any chance of getting the recording of the last call posted online? The timings for these calls are really bad for UK users, so the recording is important.

2 Likes

@AutomateEverything manages! Come on now :smile:

1 Like

I’ve tried once - and found the spouse acceptance factor to be even lower than my other HA experiments!

1 Like

It’s way past midnight for our mate @AutomateEverything! :wink: he is in his dreamland! Let him enjoy his sleep!

i haven’t mentioned this yet, but i fell asleep again during a dev call last month for about 20 mins because i was that tired hahaha . . . (not because i was bored) i woke up pissed off at myself that id missed a section, but happy id avoided turning my camera on in my sleep lol

1 Like

How can you always be smiling, buddy? Hope you always do. Such a change and inspiring for me! What do you call your teddy? Had to pull your leg, mate!

My Teddy? you insinuate in such a way that i could be perceived as only having one . . . ive formed a small army of them, we plan to invade ST-HQ and force updates & fixes to all, saving the day for HA-Users around the globe . . . (and then i woke up)

On a serious note, UK Users . . . i find getting few hours kip before the dev call and grabbing a coffee at 0:45am to be the best plan of attack, and straight back to sleep after . . . :slight_smile: however yes recording would be nice.

3 Likes

Alexa, turn off Auomate Everything! :wink:

@slagle is ST no longer doing the UK call on an occasional Saturday? I still have it in my google calendar.

@jodyalbritton - We are not worthy // think our accent slows things down haha

1 Like

Story of my life since moving state side :smile:

Yeah, I think I remember those before I started but something we should definitely consider.

I’ll second the request to record this call. I’m state side, but my schedule doesn’t allow me to make them (or usually my memory doesn’t allow me to make them when I could). I’m really interested in what’s said or the responses given about the visual design stuff. Thanks!

1 Like

After all this talk i fell asleep and missed it - the week about design too - typical :frowning:

Not to fear. @david.mccrindle spent about only twenty minutes talking about design related matters. The big takeaway was that he wanted to have a dialogue with the community, he was a customer himself, he knows what the pain points are and he wants to create focus groups to push the design forward.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for posting! It’s always fun to watch these, lots of good information!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, it is great for us in the UK to be able to hear the insights these calls bring. I certainly will be watching fairly regularly.

1 Like