[DEPRECIATED] BitBar V2: Display & Control SmartThings from the macOS Menubar

Dear @pmjoen,

I have been watching the following NULL VALUES thread to see if this new ST backend issue affecting others has been rectified. It’s hard to tell and appears to be random, but certainly affecting some of the new DTH’s labeled placeholder in the classic ST client.

As far as diagnosing, it is rudimentary at best, sorry but that is mostly ST’s capability for trapping this error. Even if you turn on verbose debugging in the BitBar app, you will not see the offending RGB device, just the ones proceeding it that are unaffected.

I recommend removing all the RGB devices from the BitBar preference section (Sorry) and add back each one separately, test, re-add, test until you get the 500 error. Then, when you find the offending RGB device(s), check to see which SmartThings DTH is being used by SmartThings, perhaps there is a different DTH or the ‘placeholder’ DTH that you can select that behaves better than the one of the offending device(s).

I am using LIFX Color RGB bulbs and the ST DTH is labeled ‘placeholder’ since the SM engineers changed what I used to use for a custom DTH, and the placeholder links to their web-socket code for cloud integration. My LIFX bulbs are working in BitBar.

1 Like