[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Unexpectedly fast, gotta admit :smiley:

It makes CoRE look bad, really…

PS the duplicated OR conditions are there because someone did not provide a way to delete an object… very smart :slight_smile:

The second IF was created using drag and drop, then I changed the pushed into held and the on into off.

Also implemented the toggle virtual command, but it’s not published yet.

2 Likes

@ady624 is the version you have in github supposed to be able to turn lights on and off yet?

Yes. I’ll publish a new one in a few minutes.

1 Like

3 Likes

There… v0.0.02f.20170310 - ALPHA - Various improvements, added toggle and toggleLevel

If logs are missing, it’s because they’re off by default in Settings - and that now works :smiley:

Just a recap:

what’s allegedly working:

• most device commands work, though not all of them are properly defined, and/or not all parameter types are properly displayed (for example, color)
  • most conditions work
  • time scheduling is now working, waits are performed, both async and sync
  • momentary attributes are treated as momentary (button is pushed is true only if the button is the event device and button is the current attribute that “changed” - it doesn’t really change)

what’s not working:

• timed conditions (was)
  • custom commands with parameters - UI does not provide a way to add parameters yet
  • triggers (they always return false)
  • location and SHM are not there
  • AskAlexa et al integrations, not there
  • button index selection in the UI is non-existent (though the piston retrieves it)
  • physical event support in the UI is non-existent (though the piston retrieves it)

If your use case fits in the “what works”, please try it out and report back.

2 Likes

You can try importing this piston:

PS: Can anyone tell I implemented the Delete? :smiley:

1 Like

Please add make web request task to your list when you get bored :wink:

1 Like

I will, but I want to take some time to look at the async requests - I can have async requests executed and have the piston resume after that… now I have the framework for async :smiley:

1 Like

The import procedure needs to be improved, it needs to get a list of all required devices and their required attributes and commands and ask the user to replace them one by one to produce a working piston. Until then, it still works, but the condition UI is messed up because the device is missing. But we’ll get there.

THANK YOU!!! I would mess something up and just delete the whole piston haha :laughing:

1 Like

LOL @c1arkbar I had to add the noop task for that exact reason LOL - talk about being lazy :wink:

1 Like

OK I got the smartapp installed, initialized/logged in to dashboard on my computer. When I go to create a blank piston, I can enter the my name and the piston name, then when I click “Create” I get the little spinning square thing in the bottom right corner and nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong?

***edit nevermind, I didn’t have the child app installed. All good now.

OK so when adding a Wait to an action, I can select Seconds only, nothing else.

Try going up and down - for some reason there is a bug in rendering those options, didn’t get around to fix that

1 Like

Ahh it was right there in front of me the whole time. Wrong tiny line. Durrr. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh and it’s worth mentioning that TCP and TOS do not work yet.

1 Like

And another bug: deleting an item does not save Undo info

So? Any horror stories from anyone?! Feedback much? :wink:

The first (and only) piston I’ve moved to webCoRE so far… Tested and the fan did not turn off as desired.

Logs. Fan turned on at 7:20, should have turned off at 7:34/35. Looks like some events ran but the fan didn’t shut off. The 7:48 “off” event was a manual switch press.