[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Awesome to have a web UI. Being able to create complex pistons in my desktop’s big screen will be the best feature to me.

1 Like

Great job ady, looking forward.
Just a quick idea out there, a Select…Case Statement feature would be nice to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

A little improved editor. Empty elses and else ifs, etc. only show during editing, they won’t show in view mode.

desktop version:

3 Likes

Hi Kyle, thanks for the offer :smiley: Here’s some icons that probably need some work.

UI is not finalized, things may move around, but having a font that provides the glyphs for all the icons in CoRE would be awesome :smiley:

1 Like

@ady624 Just wanted to say THANK YOU ! It’s only because of people like yourself that I’m still here.

2 Likes

Web based editing will be YUGE. My only frustration with CoRE (and ST in general) is having to do everything through the app. Much easier and faster to set stuff up on a computer with a physical keyboard and mouse. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does core have this functionally?

Switch(Device Changes to)
{
   case Open:
          do something
   break;
   Case Moving: 
         do something
   break;
   Case Closed:
        do something
   break;
} 

If not could that be added?

yes… that’ss been there for a while

I think this just answer my other question I just posted to Peer. I would totally love this feature.

Not sure about the “changes to” part. Typically a switch statically compares against values. You want more than that, compare against a transition of a value. Granted, this construction will definitely be possible:

if
   [device].attribute changes
then
   switch
      [device].attribute
   case
      'closing':
            break;
   case
      'moving':
            break;
   end switch;
end if;
2 Likes

A top request for CoRE:

(please ignore the weird looking edit condition page - buttons look like broken, UI not finalized yet)

…clicked on the only condition on the page…

…clicked on Convert to new group

3 Likes

So will this be a new app or an upgrade to the existing CoRE app?

@kurtsanders or @ady624 Can you post a link to the donation link. I did a quick search but it didn’t pop out at me. I’d like to make a donation.

It’s at the bottom of the 1st post.

1 Like

Boy do I feel stupid. Thank you!

@oldcomputerwiz Here is the donation link for @ady624 CoRE

2 Likes

I sure hope ST clicks on the donation link for about 20K. That’s about $10.00 an hour for what is essentially the interface of the future for SmartThings.
IMHO

9 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait.

Does this mean we will be able to save, load, and share piston definitions? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can we make it optional to hide or show this? I kinda like the VB’esq simplicity of an implied break. :slight_smile:

Thank you

10 char

Having the ability to do this in a browser (i.e. using a mouse) is very welcoming. Having the ability to do it once then save as template is also awesome!

Will you be able to say have 1 piston, then build off of that to create another one? (not template but more of “save as”) I have alot of repeat scenarios and if I could just take one and then save as something else and quickly change the devices, would be super super super cool!

I take it we would have to rewrite all of our current pistons but with the new version, at least you can back up your pistons!

@ady624 you are Godsent!

1 Like