[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Hi guys i’m trying to create my first boolean variable.
someone shown me once how to do it but i can’t remember exactly so could do with some tips.
Basically i want a global variable i’m calling “house occupancy” that changes to true or false depending on 3 different presence sensors.
so when the variable changes i want the SHM to arm or disarm depending if its true or not.
i did it the way i remember but its not working so i created 4 different pistons but its still not changing the variable to true or false.
so right now it should be on true as we’re all home but its staying on false , could anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

You can also change the device handler of a presence sensor to the simulated presence device handler.

1 Like

OK. i dont much like depending on cloud hopping :slight_smile: but if that works more reliably most of the times, probably better than depending on the phone.

if you have an asus router you can do this natively without using cloud … but requires the asus router.

just use one piston and do this:

if ALL of presence sensor 1, presence sensor 2, ... is not present
   set SHM to armed/away
else
   set SHM to disarmed
end if
1 Like

Can someone tell me if there is more efficient way for the coding in my piston. Does it need to be broken into multiple pistons? Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

• 30 minutes prior to sunrise turn on a group of outdoor accent lights, wait 60 minutes and then turn them off.
  • 30 minutes prior to sunrise turn of my security lights.
  • 30 minutes prior to sunset turn on a group of outdoor accent lights.
  • At 10:45PM turn on my security lights
  • At 11:00PM turn off my group of outdoor accent lights

use timers to set them all up in one piston.

every day at 30 minutes before sunrise
do
   turn on outdoor accent lights,
   turn off security lights
end every
every day at 60 minutes after sunrise
do
   turn off outdoor accent lights,
end every

and so on …

1 Like

I tried this. Very unreliable. Too many steps. I found life360 and ST presence to be about the same reliability. Over a period of a couple months, they seemed about the same.

I’m trying to set up a raspberry pi camera.
What I want to do is when the door opens make a GET request to the pi
the pi will record some video, upload it to dropbox then reply to the GET request with the link.
then the piston will text me with the link

I have the get request working, and the link is being returned (if I do the request via my computer I receive the link), however I have no idea how to get webcore to read in the data (probably as a variable) then text it to me.

Is there some way of getting webcore to read in a variable from a web request or something?
what replies to the get request is
{
“link”: " myLinkHere"
}

Any way to use webCoRE to emulate/replace the DoubleTap Smart App? I’m using custom DTH that does still report physical/digital events, but SmartThings removed the Smart App

If they removed the app, get the code and install it yourself as custom code. That should be easiest, as they provided links for all removed apps.

I use phone presence, Life360 and arrival sensors for this reason. I mostly kept using the phone and Life360 sensors for when we come home, the arrival sensor didn’t update fast enough and we always set the alarm off when only using arrival sensor.

I’m working on setting up a virtual presence sensor for all 3 sensors and still experimenting but this was the best approach I found so far.

My wife doesn’t always take her keys (forgets when we go out somewhere) too for the Arrival sensor so I have logic for that too using phone and Life360 too to set the security for her.

following the get, check $response

Turn light on with Nest cam motion?
I set this up through webcore/ifttt-webhooks. IF IFTTT executes “motionAlert”, then using Porch, turn on.

However, there’s a significant delay every time between motion being detected and the light coming on—this delay can be anything from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes. Does anybody know why?

Is there an alternative solution to me being able to do this, without having to buy an extra motion sensor for outside?

does nest cam motion not directly register with ST? why go through ifttt?

I haven’t been able to get it to work. I read something from the developer of NST motion that it has something to do with Nest not allowing them access to the motion API… but I dont really know.

34 PM23 PM

does this one not work?

The nest motion camera motion will work if you have the Nest Stream module.

Even then, it sends the events after the motion ends (this is the nest api)

see:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Other_Feature_Requests

With the stream module on, the delay is typically 5-10 seconds.

thanks for the additional details. after reading this line, i am glad i never purchased a nest:

View the Live video stream (This requires enabling public streaming on each camera in the Nest web site https://home.nest.com)

seriously, enable public streaming? :expressionless:

Yeah, that’s the one I have. Doesn’t work.

True. But you can do still images with a refresh of like 2 seconds… which works better for me anyway!

1 Like