[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

i just type things in an expression field to see if they work :slight_smile:

you are welcome.

How long of a fade?

1 minute :slight_smile:

Yeah, This is the issue with GE dimmers: Jerky fades with dimmers (using "fade to level" in core)

Even with 1-minute fades I can see the steps.

dont see that issue in webcore. i checked the logs as the fade happened. it was smooth.

the only other variable is the bulb. they need to support all the fade levels smoothly and not do a gradient.

EDIT: to be clear it didnt go 1% at a time. but it didnt do 3 stairs either. in 1 minute it sent 14 set levels which turned out pretty smooth.

“pretty smooth”… it would be so much more fun to get it “ultra smooth” though. :wink:

edit: It can be tweaked a little… Some of my bulbs are about as bright as they can get once they reach 60%. So if I just fade from 0-60, instead of 0-100, I can squeeze a few more steps in there.

ultra smooth would need hardware support in the bulb for the fade command. because of limits ST imposes dont believe it would be possible otherwise.

there you go, great idea. if you change it to 2 mins, it will be even smoother :slight_smile:

@ady624 Any thoughts on this threeAxis Webcore issue?

Can someone point me in the right direction please?
I am looking to create a piston that will make a GET web request to “http://192.168.1.1/Status_Lan.live.asp” which will return what looks like JSON data, I then want to search that response for a particular word or in this case MAC address.

1 text message would be better I suppose, meaning your example #2 correct?

yes, this is the right one to use. happy to do a sample piston if you need it.

define
   device _locks   {list of locks}
   device _locks_unlocked
end define

every day at 30 mins past sunset
   while time is between 30 mins past sunset and sunrise
      if ANY $devices lock is unlocked
               save matching devices to _locks_unlocked
          send sms "these locks are unlocked " _locks_unlocked
       end if
       wait 60 mins
    end while
end every

Question:
I have this piston whose goal is to change modes from home to away and vice-a-versa. It only runs for first time. It changes modes for the firs time when I get out of house and come home. If I get out of house for second time, it does not change modes. What am I missing here?

Anyone who can share some ideas on howto make this happend:

If theres motion at my ring - door bell, I would like to capture the state of level and color temperature on two hue bulbs I have.

If its motion only it will blink red on one of the lamps, if its not only motion and people ring the button (it will always start with red blinking, so I know if it doesnt turn green in short time its ppl lurking around again), the red blinking turn to green blinking when ring button is pushed.
Afterwards it will restore state from lamp.

Is anyone having SAVE problems in the dashboard? For over a week now I am unable to save anything in the dashboard. It says something about backup bin being updated and then the screen stays gray and bottom right box keeps spinning. This is the case on multiple different computers using the latest version of Chrome. I tried to using “Clean up and rebuild data cache” but it keeps saying that something went wrong. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I am! I just posted about the same problem in a different webCoRE thread. Hopefully some smart people around here will have the answer.

1 Like

You can use SharpTools as a broker for your SMS messages. You would setup a Tasker profile to listen for the SMS messages, parse the content, and then use SharpTools to call the desired methods on your device handler.

That being said, if CoRE handles SMS natively via IFTTT and the slight delay from IFTTT isn’t a concern, then it might be simplest to handle it all within one platform.

1 Like

@J_B_1

Open SmartThings live logging in another tab and the try saving. Paste the logs that are displayed for that piston name

1 Like

@sumya is that once per day or …? does the 2nd if also work once …?

Changes mode only Once per day. Can’t figure out what is wrong.

how about the 2nd if?