[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

@SBDOBRESCU Is there a place the shows the differences between EchoSistant and Ask Alexa? Seems like a lot of parallels.

The lines between the apps blurred even more since I posted thisā€¦ But that is a good thread to browse. New versions of both apps will be a lot different, from what Iā€™ve readā€¦

I have to back up what @SBDOBRESCU just posted. The two apps used to be very different, but over the last six months the lines have become very blurred. With the release of ESv5 the real differences will be seen again.

And I understand you and Michael are independent developers but why not merge into the ultimate Alexa app. Similar to WebCoRE which was born from Core > Rule Engine. Iā€™m sure the next version of Echosistent will have great features but it just seems with the setups being so similar it would make sense to hook into each other. Anyway, both apps are cool and you and Bobby do amazing work.

It was discussed a long time ago, but with the completely different architecture of the apps and other differences, it just wasnā€™t feasible.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to not have to hear ā€œOKā€ after each command :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would appreciate some help with my installation - trying to follow instructions in wiki to create the Lambda function. Iā€™ve setup my AWS account. Go to Lambda and set region.

When I go to the Lambda there is no ā€œGet Started Nowā€ that I can find and no way I see to configure triggers. The only thing I can find is to create a function from an existing blueprint or author from scratch. At this point the process deviates too far from the tutorial so I wanted to get some feedback before I continue.

Has the Lambda UI changed or did I miss something? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi there and welcome to EchoSistant.
Amazon is really great at changing things. Iā€™m in the process of upsetting the wiki to reflect the changes.

But, Iā€™m here to help you through the process.
Jason

1 Like

Hey, donā€™t upset it too much, now, it might lock you outā€¦ lol

1 Like

Be careful. Wikis have been known to rip peopleā€™s arms off when they get upset.

Oh, waitā€¦Iā€™m thinking of ā€œWookiesā€.

Never mind. Carry on.

2 Likes

You knowā€¦ Iā€™m not even going to fix that! Itā€™s just too funny!

Hey, you seem to be having so much fun planning the wiki upset that you forgot to tell me what to do :slight_smile: I donā€™t need too many details just how to create the function, when you have a chance, or when you are not upset. of course. at least we didnā€™t misspell deprecatedā€¦

1 Like

I will try all this out when v5 comes out. I copied the raw code and clicked create and error. So Iā€™ll wait for new version. Looking forward to all this

Look for an update to the current version that wiki support the new Alexa routines.

Coming sooner than you think!

update!

Just kiddingā€¦ we are in no hurry to rush anythingā€¦ weā€™d rather do it the right way!

1 Like

Having a few issues with the Echosistant app. First, on the dashboard (Rminders & Events), I get a ā€œSorry, but there was an unexpected error.ā€ Secondly, When I try a command to turn a light/lights off/on in 5 minutes, it either turns it off/on immediately or doesnt do anything at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Iā€™m looking into this now to see if I can duplicate. Iā€™ll contact you via pm.

1 Like

okā€¦thanks

UPDATE

As everyone knows the ES Team has been working diligently on ESv5. We were planning a release for this Friday, but we have decided to postpone that release. With the advent of the new Alexa features we have a new break through. We are perfecting our new discovery and plan to release as soon as possible.

What we are going to do is release ESv4.5. This version is a direct upgrade of version 4 which brings a lot of enhancements, new features, and integration with the new Native Alexa Routines.

We are wrapping up the polish on 4.5 and will be releasing it soon.

We apologize for the disappointing news of having to wait a little bit longer for ESv5, but as you already knowā€¦ Itā€™s going to be worth the wait.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so close to the install. Iā€™m in the Amazon Developer Console and Iā€™m ready to save my configuration in the Global Fields. I cut/paste my ARN from AWS Lambda and I get the following error message when I try to save:
A Lambda function ARN should be between 25 and 65,535 characters.

Any ideas?

yes, letā€™s go to pm