[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Thanks @mikecoscia for the logs. @Chris_C @Ren34, have fixed the issue it’s available on the server.

###Blink Camera Manager - Version 5.3.1

• Fix for SHM not working and random issues folks were seeing due to a ST API inconsistency
  • Fix for bug in version 5.3.0 which would prevent creation of new device

###Blink Device Handler - Version 5.1.0

• Fix for SHM not working and random issues folks were seeing due to a ST API inconsistency

Please update both the DH and SmartApp. This is a highly recommended update.

1 Like

I just purchased this smartapp, and I am also getting an error. It shows my devices after logging in, but if i click “Done” in the smartthings app, I get an error:

an unexpected error occurred

I see a post above about updates 5.3.1 and 5.1.0 for the Camera manager and Device Handler respectively, but on the rboyapps website in the comments for the Manager, the current version is 5.3.0

Any help?

The latest SmartApp code is 5.3.1 which fixes this issue, if you’re not seeing this then you browser is caching an old page. Refresh it.

Happy to help! Thanks for the quick fix!!!

1 Like

Thank you, it seemed to be a browser cache issue. When I opened in incognito mode, the code was updated. Guess I was too quick!

1 Like

You’re most welcome, thanks for your support

You rock man. Updated to the latest and the error went away.

1 Like

Hay @RBoy,

I don’t recall if this was asked in this thread, but is it possible to take a photo with Blink on an event like a doorbell being rung?
I finally have my doorbell hooked up to a SAGE Doorbell sensor which cane use the standard ST Button app for remotes.

1 Like

Yes you can use CoRE and Piston to setup a rule using custom commands from the Blink DH

Oh man! @RBoy ,We were just talking about Alexa being able to take a Blink picture. It literally took me five minutes to set up using @MichaelS Ask Alexa and @ady624 CoRE. Love this community!

@lmosenko let me know if you need help setting CoRE to take a picture, is super easy to set up, and it works like a charm!

1 Like

Yes Please @SBDOBRESCU .

Can you help me out? I Love Blink integration by @RBoy on ST, the SAGE doorbell integration by @Darwin . Now I can tie it all together. That’s great!

1 Like

If you have CoRE installed and somewhat familiar, then when you add an action, scroll all the way to the bottom, select any devices, then pick select camera. Once you did that, click done, scroll up to add a task and pic take a picture. Bingo!

1 Like

do you have the link to CoRE app?

Hello!

I’m trying to take a picture from CoRE but it’s not working. Do I need to arm the Blink camera to take a picture with CoRe?
I’m also confuse with monitor on/off and enable/disable…

If anyone can help me, it’s appreciated!

LJ

Nope, you don’t. If I tell Alexa to take a picture, she does, regardless of state

1 Like

I deleted my piston, created a new one, everything is working now! Is there a way to send a SMS with a link to a picture or a way to store the picture somewhere like the clips?

I would like to get a notification and a picture when someone ring the doorbell.

LJ

1 Like

Also see the first post FAQ’s on functionality and differences between sync module, camera monitor etc. tried to capture it all there

1 Like

###Blink Camera Manager - Version 5.4.0

• Added ability to enable/disable individual cameras for each Mode and SHM state
  • Cleaned up the SmartApp user interface by introducing separate security and SHM/Mode configuration pages

###Blink Device Handler - Version 5.1.0

• < no change >

As requested by users, you don’t need to rely on SHM and Routines anymore. You can configure each camera individually through the SmartApp.
Also introduced pages to clean up the app, this allows users to use the camera without any frills as a motion sensor and for the advanced users, they can configure the security and SHM integration with relative ease.

This is a recommended update.

5 Likes