[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I don’t understand. What do you mean by disarm and turn off motion

Is anyone having any issues with SHM? The motion on a few of my cameras sometimes stays on when SHM switches to disarm. Lately I can’t even turn the motion off in the ST app when this happens.

I void controlling the cameras using SHM (esp since I have 10), only use routines or use the SHM integration features within the Blink Camera Manager SmartApp

2 Likes

RBoy. As you can see in the pics. One has the whole system disarmed. The other shows motion on one camera and off on another with the system armed. Deems like when I use presence it disarms the whole system. I am setup seperate routines. Just not working.

Looks like you may have set the “control system” instead of “camera” option in the smart app

Ok. How do I change that

Open the SmartApp and change the option

4 Likes

Hey Rboy, I have the arm/disarm with shm option enabled in your blink manager app. However, shm doesn’t seem to be enabling them when it changes states. I have shm using them as motions and nothing else, can’t figure it out. Any suggestions?

??? SHM won’t change state. You’ve got it backwards. Blink will arm or disarm cameras based on SHM state

Lol, sorry, explained that wrong. But yeah, the blink manager app is not arming/disarming the cameras when SHM changes state. I tried hitting arm/disarm a few times with a healthy amount in between and no dice. I haven’t used SHM in awhile because of all the recent issues, but figured I would try it again as things seemed to have gotten a little better. I know when you first launched the app I had no problems with it arming/disarming the cameras with SHM, so not sure what I am doing wrong.

Don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. If it working earlier but not now then it looks like the issue is likely with SHM. Open live logging and see if the blink Smartapp handler is being called when SHM changes state.

I had the same issue. So I went back to Smart Lighting controlling my cameras.

FYI.

1 Like

Finally had time to check it out. I just armed my system and I get the following errors on the blink cams…

1c2e6f4b-86a2-4d0f-8e87-38156bffad4d 5:35:44 PM: error LOG FROM PARENT>Unable to get networkID
1c2e6f4b-86a2-4d0f-8e87-38156bffad4d 5:35:44 PM: error LOG FROM PARENT>Unable to get network id: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.CommandService.executeAction() is applicable for argument types: (physicalgraph.device.cache.DeviceDTO, java.lang.Integer) values: [Blink Living Room, 15603]

No problems enabling/disabling motion with routines though.

Thanks. Can you PM me a larger section of the logs I need more detail of what’s happening before this. Also please send me the app and DH versions numbers

Outdoor cam would be nice. I’m still considering just building some sort of enclosure for one in the meantime.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, there is an issue with on the ST interfaces. So until it’s fixed some users may see random issues like you’ve noted. It’s working for some and not others under certain conditions. Will fix it shortly.

Any news about 0s recording to use as an actual motion sensor?

If you do and it can stand up to NYC heat/cold, I want one too!

I’ve never had a problem updating before, but I am getting an Error Saving page error after hitting done within the smartapp. Smarthings is giving me a message Error Creating Blink camera device.

1 Like

I am getting an error with the Device handler when trying to install.

1 Like