[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I used it In that environment but got too many false positives usually only after a real motion event. I’m now trying it behind glass to take pictures whenever the smart tiles motion sensor is triggered but the lag has been too great to routinely capture movement. Also, pictures get written over unless you save in the app.

1 Like

I’ve also been using one in the same environment, about 6 weeks without issue. For a little while I adjusted the camera to cover more of the walkway, but started getting frequent false positives. They stopped once I put it back in the original position. I suspect the shadows of palm fronds in the breeze were setting it off.

Six weeks probably isn’t much time to comment on long-term durability in our climate, but so far so good. I have a spare just in case, and Blink says an outdoor model is on their roadmap.

1 Like

I have just tried installing the latest version of the device and Blink Camera Manager but it seems it can not successfully add the cameras, once i login in the setup portion with my Blink login i see the camera manager 4.0.2 and 2 blink cameras i have and also a top header saying “Blink Camera Manager is now installed and automating”, but after that i get “Error creating Blink camera device” if i press Done… The setup cannot complete successfully.

I also can’t see any new Blink camera devices in https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

But i see 4 instances of “Blink camera manager” when i browse Smart Apps under locations in https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

Something seems broken in the setup, also i cannot see any of those 4 instances of Smart Apps from my iphone ST app.

Sorry about that, please used Blink Camera Manager version 4.0.2 and Blink Device Handler version 4.0.1 (put a patch for the error, one function was returning a random value which could randomly cause the issue).

Also please make sure you Uninstall/delete the existing SmartApps before you install any new ones otherwise you’ll have a problem.

The SmartApps are only listed in the DEV console where can i uninstall them since they don’t appear in the ST iOS App ?

@anwesh had this problem a day ago. It was essentially a bug in the ST Phone app, he contacted ST support and they asked him to kill the ST app and start it again on the phone and it showed up fine.

1 Like

Ok with the 5.01 device handler the setup completes properly.

I also opened a support case with ST’s support to remove the “phantom” Blink Camera Manager SmartApps showing up in the dev console under my location/installed SmartApps/Other.

Thanks!

Yes but please make sure it shows up on your phone and you “uninstall” it, if you don’t you may end up with error. The uninstall function MUST run to deregister with Blink, dont’ force delete it.

Ok, it still doesn’t show up in the phone SmartApps, probably related to the multiple phantom copies, will wait and see if ST support can remove it then i will re-add the proper 5.01 device handler.

I uninstalled the app as instructed and then deleted everything from the IDE and reinstalled it. But I have the same issue where the Blink Camera Manager SmartApp isn’t showing up in the ST app now. I’ve killed it and reopened it and even logged out and back in. The cameras show up and I can enable/disable them. I’m on Android. Any ideas?

Odd, I can’t seem to replicate this. Maybe it’s a bug in the ST app. See what support says.

Have you tried going into the ide, opening the smartapp and unchecking the box enabling local child app discovery? This worked for me with a different app that had child apps.

I had all 3 of my cameras connected and I went to reconfigure my sync module so I had to start from the beginning and now it won’t let me delete my old cameras but it will let me add my cameras.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It’s saying my module is offline but it’s not.

Thanks

If it’s reporting your sync module as offline then

1. Either login/password is incorrect
  2. Blink server doesn’t know and it’s reporting the SM as offline (open your IDE Live Logging and see what is says when you open your SmartApp or try to refresh it)

Thanks I’ll give it a try. When I open the Blink app it shows that I’m online but when I hit the camera delete button it says sync module offline.

?? Where in ST do you find a camera delete button?

I was trying to delete it from the Blink app. The app wants me to rejoin all my cameras but I’m still seeing my 3 cameras on the home screen. I tried to delete all 3 cameras but it won’t let me.

Then please ignore what I said, I was referring to the ST platform only.

Sorry for the confusion

Yet to come, some cool stuff:

1. Change video recording length from ST (this will impact the motion sensor reporting time, 1 to 10 seconds)
  2. Tell the camera to start a video recording manually (as per video recording time configured)
2 Likes