[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I removed the blink home smartapp and reinstalled it. now in smartthings Smartapp i cannot see it. when i login to IDE i can see it their. some thing was changed after smartthings pushed updated

I installed it 2 times and it showed in IDE 2 apps. but in the smartapps from smartthings app it is not showing

Try to kill your ST app and restart it, if that doesn’t solve it report it to ST support (also why is your IDE showing the SmartApp as dev?)

I am not sure why it is showing as DEV. I am thinking some thing was changed from smarththings side.

Before i remove the smartapp it did not show as DEV. it showed after i reinstalled the app.

EDIT: I killed the app and restarted it. it is not showing in smartapps

@slagle @jody.albritton

Guys, any clue with @anwesh’s issue above on what dev is why the smartapps is showing as installed in the IDE and not the phone?

@anwesh, to uninstall the SmartApp, all child devices must not be associated with any other smartapp otherwise the child devices cannot be uninstalled (a sanity check for you)

yeah, i uninstalled all the child apps, removed every thing and then uninstalled the blink smartapp
EDIT: Also removed the smartapp and Device Handler from ide and copied latest one from your webpage.

Smart app version now is 4.0.2 and device handler is 4.0.0

What’s your phone model and ST App version (not SmartApp)

ST App 2.1.1
Phone Model: Note 4 ATT (Samsung-SM-N910A) OS Android 5.1.1

smartthings support is able to fix it… I am not sure what they made changes to IDE

Victor
Alright, close out of the app and check for it again.
bunty
Thanks i got it back in smartapps

Victor
Awesome, it looks like there is a bug that we are going to have to fix with certain apps.

I had to go and just make a slight change to that app in the IDE.

EDIT: i asked them to check the notification and they told it is not supported app by them and asked to contact you.
Now i am waiting for notifications to be fixed.

Thanks Rboy for all your hard work and help

1 Like

Just making sure… so right now, is the Blink smartapp not getting notification in ST still then?

Yes, they’re working on it

Great! Thanks!

It’s showing (dev) when the following option is enabled under “My Locations --> Installed SmartApps” and selecting the desired SmartApp:

Just uncheck the Box and it will show again on the ST Mobile app :slight_smile:

Looks like they fixed it, i’m getting spammed with notifications now. I had it on to see if it’s working… time to turn it off.

Good to know i will check if i get notification once it detects. Thanks for update

EDIT: I am still not getting notifications. may be problem with my system.

Guys just to keep you posted, it’s not fixed yet. Some users may not get notifications, Blink’s still on it. They do a release every Friday, something changed and they’re still looking into it. Stay with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

This may be OT. If so, tell me and I’ll move it. About the hardware (not the SmartApp).

It’s marketed for indoor use, but I’ve seen reports of outdoor/covered deployment. I want one to go under a very well-covered porch. It would be out of any rain, or even indirect precipitation, but subject to Florida humidity. Is anyone using it this way? Any opinions about the camera’s durability in this environment?

Thanks!

I was started getting notifications. but for each motion i am getting notifications twice.

Looking good so far. The service seems to have resumed properly. Some folks may see a slew of notifications. This the backlog being cleared.

If you’re seeing more than one notification for each event, open your Blink Camera Manager and hit Done. This will reinitialize the connection with Blink and should solve the issue.

Your last picture showed two Blink Manager apps installed. This may be why you’re getting two notifications. Also see my previous post

i deleted the one. now i have only one app in the ide and also in smartapps. i also reinitialized. but still getting two notifications. it may take some time.

EDIT: After rebooting Smartthings hub i am not getting duplicated notifications

1 Like