[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I opened it a few more times and it finally added the 2nd camera. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

When added, it will start with the word Blink Your camera name will be appended.

Can this integration notify you when one of the cameras goes offline?

Is it possible to initiate a motion event or to start a recording from webCoRE? I was thinking that if I had an external motion sensor (or another Blink camera) which detected motion, maybe I could use webCoRE to force other cameras to record too.

You can make the cameras take a picture but you cannot make them record video. They only record video when they sense motion.

1 Like

Why would my entire system be disarming randomly? I have not been able to diagnose the problem.

It just seems randomly when my house arms, and the blink cameras should arm
but I look in blink app and entire system is disarmed.

I have it set up where the system should never disarm, but only individual cameras should

But it still is randomly, more often then not, disarming.

Your Blink Smart app settings in SmartThings should look like mine and you will only be controlling individual cammeras.

1 Like

Ya, that’s what I have. But yet it is still disarming as a whole randomly.

Track it down, you may have a stray rule in CoRE or somewhere sending the command to disarm or your native Blink app is disarming (do you have a scheduled defined).

Yeah I occasionally get cameras randomly arming when they shouldn’t and weren’t before when the house goes to ‘away’.

I am planning to get the Blink XT system. I will have 2 cameras outdoors. As I live close to a busy road, there will be a lot of movement on these cameras. Can somone let me know this setup will work? How frequently will I need to replace batteries?

Is it even possible to disarm the entire system with Core?

System = Sync Module

Yes, check out the first post.

Ok. I guess maybe I was a little confused, because I never actually see the Sync Module in the list of Core items.

Take a look at this Webcore. I am using it to check my cameras on. I just added Turn Monitor On.

So will this work in checking it my monitor is on, and then wait 20 seconds and enable all my cameras if they are off? Am I understanding this correctly?

No, monitorOn/Off controls the sync modules and not the cameras. If you want to control cameras use switch on/off. You don’t use monitorOn/Off on more than one camera at a time, since it controls the sync module connected to that camera.

Arming the sync module and arming the camera are completely different things. Try using the Blink Camera Manager SmartApp of the Backup Routines SmartApp to control individual cameras instead of using CoRE.

1 Like

Yes I was attempting to use the Blink Manager, actually I do. But it periodically leaves one camera off
so I was trying to back it up with a Core.

The problem is something is periodically disarming my sync module.

Is it ok to create a Core with a single camera, to enable the monitor if off.

And then have a separate core with all 3 cameras, to turn them on if off
when they are supposed to be on. And run it every half hour?

Try using this SmartApp to check if the routines have failed to arm some cameras:

1 Like

I will try this app. Should I have no cores on the cameras then?

Advisable, as you can see it can have unexpected consequences due to configuration errors. CoRE is more of an expert custom configuration and should have safe guards built into the rules when using it (e.g. no loops etc)

Interested in getting the Blink cameras. Is there anyway at all to trigger notifications instantly, rather than after the fact.
Thanks.