[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

blink and SMARTTHINGS UPDATE

I want to thank everyone for sending in your comments and making yourselves heard. Blink has heard you all and has decided that they will continue the SmartThings integration with Blink. There will be NO service interruption on January 27th and you can continue to enjoy the integration between SmartThings and your Blink cameras. I would like to thank Blink for their continued support and commitment to the SmartThings community.

###For now the only the latest version of the RBoy Blink ST Client (SmartApp v05.08.00 and Device Handler v05.04.00) will continue to work and be supported. If you are not on this version, please upgrade to this version immediately. We are working with Blink on moving this towards native integration with SmartThings as a long term solution which would make this integration even easier and free for everyone. More updates to follow.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to address Blink’s concern over security and stability, only the Blink approved client (RBoy Blink Client SmartApp v05.08.00 and Device Handler v05.04.00) will be allowed to integrate/communicate with the Blink server. Under the revised terms, anyone found using a modified or unauthorized version of the client could have their account blocked/suspended/disabled. This is done for the safety and protection of the Blink and SmartThings infrastructure. Once we move towards native integration these security/safety concerns would be addressed in a more holistic manner. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

RBoy and Team

FAQ: Can I continue with the old version for now?

• The older versions will no longer work and to ensure smooth operations Blink is requesting customers to upgrade to the latest version. It is highly recommended to update your code immediately as accounts who aren’t on the recommended version are being monitored due to safety/security concerns.
    If you are unable to upgrade to the latest code immediately, PLEASE UNINSTALL the OLD versions of the SmartApp/device handler and then reinstall the latest version when you need access to the integration. This will avoid any disruption to the accounts/service and help protect the infrastructure.
15 Likes