[DEPRECATED] Ask Alexa 2.2.7

Great enhancements @MichaelS , installed easily with your superb documentation!

Only one issue, when I configure a Weather Report in Ask Alexa app, the app will not let me save the page with “An Unexpected error occurred” message!

I obtained the following SmartThings IDE Logger error (no line number indicated in the output message):

9:36:31 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14976565617311595382002.getCoREMacroList() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: getMacroList(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)

I have CoRE installed and I have it updated to the latest release.

I think I’m getting the same error after updating, but mine is when saving a Voice Report. I haven’t tried a Weather Report yet.

Good catch…I updated the voice and weather extensions(they had the same issue) to 1.0.2a…Updating the documentation now. Please give them a try.

Yep…same issue…please update to 1.0.2a for the voice and weather extensions. Let me know if that resolves it for you.

Thanks Michael, that worked!

1 Like

If you are into programming, the issue was the new WebCoRE integration…since I eliminated the CoRE compatibility in the main app I needed to do it in the child apps…

Good catch to both of you!

1 Like

I wish I could program…I know enough to break things…lol

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble with WebCore? I am creating a piston and I want ‘AskAlexa’ to trigger the piston. When I add a Virtual Device ‘Ask Alexa’ to the piston I can’t choose an Ask Alexa macro. Attached is how it looks in WebCore dashboard:

1 Like

Chris,

As mentioned in the release notes, CoRE functionality (which WebCoRE is currently utilizing) has been deprecated. One way communication is currently possible (i.e. Ask Alexa can trigger a DO piston), but @ady624 and I haven’t done the WebCoRE to Ask Alexa integration. I did publish the spec for Adrian, and we can work behind the scenes to get this working for you.

In the mean time, what are you attempting to accomplish? Since you are simply looking for WebCoRE to do something when a macro/extension is executed, you could simply use the Ask Alexa WebCoRE trigger to do it.

@ady624 let’s talk.

For those that enjoy my Friday updates, here is one:

For those that don’t enjoy my Friday updates, here is a penguin:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/South_Shetland-2016-Deception_Island–Chinstrap_penguin_(Pygoscelis_antarctica)_04.jpg/1200px-South_Shetland-2016-Deception_Island–Chinstrap_penguin_(Pygoscelis_antarctica)_04.jpg

2 Likes

Released a new version today: [DEPRECATE] Ask Alexa 2.2.8

1 Like