Decided on SmartThings...help with devices!

Not even all the devices on the official “works with SmartThings” list are eligible to run locally.

What matters is the device type handler being used. Many devices can use more than one device type handler so if running local matters to you, you have to make sure that:

A) The device can use one of the device type handlers which can run locally

B) you have assigned that specific device type handler to that device

C) The action that you want the device to perform can be done solely with the official smartlighting feature (currently no other code is eligible to run locally, whether it is available from the marketplace section of the mobile app or not. Routines do not run locally, core does not run locally, “notify me when” does not run locally–only smartlighting is eligible to run locally and a few bits from smart home monitor.)

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205380404-Smart-Lights

D) The smart home lighting automation that you want to have run locally includes only device type handlers from A) above. As soon as you add even one device which is not eligible to buy locally, the entire automation is disqualified.

So the homeseer switches will not be able to run locally. They use central scene commands, and there are no device type handlers for central scene commands which are eligible to run locally at this time . :disappointed_relieved:

You can find out more about local processing in the following thread:

And having said all of that… From time to time, some community members have reported that locally operating functions have run more slowly than the exact same function running in the cloud.

There can be two reasons for this. One is a bug in the local software ( this happened to me once). The other is that the hub just doesn’t have much processing power. If it gets busy, it can actually take longer to process an automation then the cloud server would.

I believe @SBDOBRESCU knows more about this.