D-Link IP Camera device type (DCS-930L tested)

I understand now, I think switch is fine. After all, the camera can be named / labeled.

Wellā€¦ I think I have this working, only I seem to have broken the picture taking ability in the device. So I add another one of these cameras to my ā€œSmartThingsā€ devices, and point it to the existing device-type, and its broken too.

Is this device-type still taking pictures on your end after the ā€œalmighty platform upgradeā€?

Scott,
I currently do not have a camera device-type on my ST system. I was waiting for something to come along which did what I needed (what we have been talking about recently).
Thanks

@scottinpollock
Scott are you having any luck?

Only in the re-discovery that camera devices in SmartThings are pointless, and now the ā€œplatform updateā€ has broken the image parsing.

Moving onā€¦

If it was not so expensive I would just put my cameras each on a Smartoutlet and tell them turn on in AWAY mode and off in HOME mode.

I like what @ethomasii has done with his device type posted above (post #19 above) since the picture does not have to go through the ST system.

Iā€™m having a hard time setting up the DDNS at dlinkddns.com

With my DLink DCS-930L cameras Iā€™m not interested in retrieving or viewing my pics from ST, Iā€™m just looking for a simple method to turn the camera on and off or to turn the motion on and off using the AWAY and HOME modes. After that I will let the DLink software directly email me the motion pics when the camera and motion are on. Currently Iā€™m using a ST SmartPower Outlet on one of my cameras to do this but itā€™s too expensive and silly to have to put them on each camera.

@Dave As I mentioned in our PMā€™s, a device-type is not necessary for this. It can be called using the cameraā€™s API directly from a SmartApp.

What device event do you want to use as a trigger to turn the motion sensing on and off?

@scottinpollock
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the reply.
When you say device event what do you mean? A switch seems like it would work fine.
Iā€™m just looking for something very basic to turn the motion on and off using the ST modes.
Thank you!

Okā€¦ so you want it on mode change. Just how exactly: on with one mode, and off with all others?

Right now I have the standard 3 modes (home,away,night). Motion ON with Away and OFF in Home or Night would be great.

*In the near future I will probably be going to 4 modes (HomeDay, HomeNight, AwayDay, AwayNight). For this I would like the motion to be ON for both Away modes and OFF for both home modes.

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT THIS!!!

Well, tried to have something for you this evening but it looks like SmartThings is having more issues (BIG SURPRISE), this time with the IDE.

Maybe tomorrow.

Your awesome Scott! Thanks
I did notice the IDE log was not working.
Thank you very much!

IDE is still borked so I canā€™t test but this should do the trick.

I will check it out now. THANKS!
Anything special I need to do? I assume password and username for the camera, same as when I access the camera using itā€™s IP address.

Good afternoon my friends! Iā€™m trying to implement the @scottinpollock 's code to view my DCS-930Lā€™s image and take photos with it, but Iā€™m not getting to do it! I put the code, I put the informations as described by @kmugh but simply I donā€™t get. Could someone help me? The path to the images is http://ip/image/jpeg.cgi or ip:port/image/jpeg.cgi or ip (in HEX)/image/jpeg.cgi? Below is my STā€™s image in my iPhone.

Iā€™ve thought that in the space below LRCam1 I would get see the image of my Camera. Why I canā€™t? Moreover, where I can see the photos that the camera burst?

My understanding is that the latest platform upgrade broke the AWS parsing code, so in its present incarnation, this doesnā€™t work anymore.

Are you telling that you canā€™t get see your Cameraā€™s image too? There isnā€™t another code?

I canā€™t see either the photos neither the image of the camera as you can see in the image of my iphone. Could you help me at least to see my camera preview?

I didnā€™t write the image parser, @pstuart did.