D-Link IP Camera device type (DCS-930L tested)

@lucmaia
In post #74 above Scott has code that he is working on, these pics would not have to go through the ST system. Instead this app would just turn the motion detection on and off by what ST mode you have set! When the motion is on you can have DLink send you the normal motion picture emails directly from DLink to your email address. When the motion is off (Home mode for me) you will not be bothered by unwanted motion alert emails / pictures.

Its not 100% yet so maybe hold off a little bit longer. Scott is doing an AWESOME job and helping me out big time.
Thank you Scott!

Don’t thank me yet. I have no idea why this isn’t working; sending the same GET from my browser or from cURL works just fine. The code for setting the get is:

def ip = "${settings.userName}:${settings.thePW}@${settings.theIP}:${settings.port}"
	sendHubCommand(new physicalgraph.device.HubAction("""GET /motion.cgi/?MotionDetectionEnable=1&ConfigReboot=No HTTP/1.1\r\nHOST: $ip\r\n\r\n""", physicalgraph.device.Protocol.LAN))
}

Anyone have a clue as to why this doesn’t work?

Friends, thank you to the responses, but now I only want to see the preview of my camera in the ST app. I’m not concerned about the photo burst or the motion sensor or the photo email or where I find the photos yet. Please help me? Tks a lot!!!

‎15minutes after the last IDE log I received this:

2‎:‎15‎:‎24‎ ‎PM: debug Executing GET /motion.cgi/?MotionDetectionEnable=1&ConfigReboot=No HTTP/1.1
HOST: admin:MYpasswordhere@192.168.1.122:587

on Home Hub via sendHubCommand

password and IP changed above by me.

Guys, I didn’t write the image parser, I borrowed it from another ST code example. I have a support ticket open and devs are looking into why it broke and might be able to get a fix in soon.

So stay tuned

@scottinpollock
Any other ideas to get the DLink Motion detection SmartApp running?
http://solutionsetcetera.com/stuff/STApps/DLinkMotionMode.groovy
Anyone? @wackware do you have any D-Link cameras?
Thx

I have no idea why the sendHubCommand in this SmartApp is not working. I am trying to get answers to this but it has been like pulling teeth.

1 Like

Yes, I really hope we can get this to work! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I emailed your code to a couple of people on this board, hopefully someone has the answer.
Thanks!!

I noticed another monkey wrench in the works last week. It seems the API of the camera itself can fail, leaving the camera in some weird, no longer contactable state, with any additional calls simply timing out. Have no idea what is causing this, but it seems to be a real issue.

Hopefully ST will get the IP cameras going here in the near future, including DLink!

This is because you are saving it in “My Smart Apps” instead of “My Device Types” (this took me 3 hours to figure out)

After you add a “Device Type” you can then add the Device under “My Devices” and it should show up on your phone.

Just skimmed thru this. Does this mean this camera (DCS-930L) is currently not working at all thru ST at the moment?

thanks,
Scott

It does work, but the device type has not been officially published. You have to create a “My Device Type” by copying and pasting the code that Scott [Pollack?] wrote. I have the device on my tile page and can view the camera and take a picture. I had limited success with the “photoburst when” smartapp too. I wanted to do somehting to send an email with the attachments but reality is you can just set an alert for the same conditions so, i don’t think the email adds much value.

Ok thanks! Maybe I misread but looking at the most recent posts looked like something wasn’t working on it.
Thanks,
Scott

Hi

I’m new to smart things and. I would like to setup my ip cameras. I own a dlink 930l and a foscam HD camera. I setup the device using the code provided, but I do not know where to enter in the camera IP and port. Could someone please assist me in setting this up? Thanks

For a few weeks it wasn’t working, but appears to be now. I’m using the code with a Linksys IP camera.

I having this error “java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: input() can only be invoked inside a section definition @ line 13”

Ok, I’d like to bring this back.

I’m working with a D-Link DCS-5029L. I have created the device using the code for the DCS 5020. I still can not get an image to appear.

Under device new device settings in IDE what do I insert for “Device Network ID”, “Username”, “Password”, “URL” and “Port”.

Thanks.

Hey, i’ve forwarded the port and confirmed I can log into the web interface remotely with the same info, and in the activity log “motion is set to 0” and “motion is set to 1” pop up, but I can’t use any of the actions -

error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Authorization Required @ line 112
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:21 AM: debug Executing 'down’
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:19 AM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Authorization Required @ line 104
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:19 AM: debug Executing 'right’
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:19 AM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Authorization Required @ line 99
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:19 AM: debug Executing 'left’
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:16 AM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Authorization Required @ line 108
73421b1b-c752-4689-8308-22f377af56de 3:35:16 AM: debug Executing 'up’
3:35:7 AM:

Same for photo and record. Help, please? I don’t know java/js so I’m flying blind. I tried to hard code my info into the code, removing variables, but I got an error for that as well, albeit a different one. I’d really like to get this functional, any help would be much appreciated. This is for a 5020l

@RichardH I’m trying to get this device type to work with my Hikvision cams, would you mind sharing your code mod? Thanks!