Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Little Bits on Sale today @ Amazon deal of the day.

I’ve never used them, I believe @JDRoberts recommended them earlier in this thread. I kind of want them for me to play with! My kids are both <2 so they wouldn’t get much use other than myself for a while.

Why buy hue lux (old model) rather than hue white for a dollar more which is much brighter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good food for thought. I’ll be buying two strips this winter and installing in the spring. I used to own a body shop and have had pretty good luck with 3m. Well see how it goes.

All sorts of cameras and other home security stuff on sale today at http://electronics.woot.com/plus/home-security-for-the-holidays?ref=hm_gh_el_4_wp_1

Caveats apply about what if any of it will work with ST, but notably they have the Samsung HD PRO for the same price Costco has the plus for.

I know OCO just fired up an IFTTT channel this week, but not sure which of their cameras are compatible… but I do see those on Woot today.

The ones I found at HD are the new Hue White. The $15 BB ones have same UPC/model #, so I assume are also the new ones. That’s why I said " New Lux" in my post. I just said Lux out of habit to make sure to identify them as the white, not colored . I was already emptying the shelf into my cart thinking they were the colored ( by packaging not saying Lux ) before I noticed they were white

1 Like

Logitech Smart Control back onsale at Best Buy for $69.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-harmony-smart-control-black/8574049.p?u1=ebs2d0d4767d1450465111424sbe

Same as Philips Lightstrip Plus is actually Philips Shape Light. :slight_smile:

The " good stuff" used to hold on trim in body shop, is NOT the stuff used at factory for backing on these LED strips. That’s why I just go with the good stuff from the beginning now. :smiley:

today only.
http://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/home-automation-event/c-1447774318580.htm?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=51F3-2015%20(1)&utm_content=LED-Event&cm_mmc=silverpop--email--51F3-2015%20%281%29-_-LED-Event&spMailingID=12522357&spUserID=NzA5NzQ3NzI0MjcS1&spJobID=643572297&spReportId=NjQzNTcyMjk3S0

$40 looks like a great price for the color adjustable bulb. Is that OSRAM bulb any good?

Same price on Amazon

I have a couple of osram white bulbs which I like. The rgbw bulbs are new for the US, so I’m not sure how good they are but would assume they would work just as well.

I agree that they are likely of good quality like the white predecessor. I work in the construction industry I constantly hear the adage “assume just makes an [ass] out of [u] & [me]”

I got the menards email too, only way o knew it was even released! I plan on buying osram color bulbs, but at 40 bucks a pop I well wait until I hear from the community that it works well as expected.

If you do shop at menards every so often the do 11% rebates on everything. That will be the time to buy these there.

I have the TaoTronics 300 LED strip (high density 1" spacing) strip lights outside on an aluminum patio cover. I cut them in half and soldered a 4-conductor sprinkler control wire (cheaper and bigger than thermostat wire) between them, as they come 16.4ft. This is my second set of TaoTronics with no problems. The China “3M” tape is no good, I used a dab of clear silicone on the tape every foot. Also dab silicone on ends if you cut them. They have held up to Arizona heat and monsoon rains so far.

I can’t control the colors like Hue with ST although they return on to the last setting and are controlled through a GE/Jasco smart outlet. $29.99 vs $$$

TaoTronics LED Strip Lights @ Amazon

3 Likes

ring is $30 off right now

V2 Hub is currently 89.99 on Amazon with free prime shipping. Still available for Christmas delivery.
Last day for expedited delivery pre-Christmas at ST was 12/18.

1 Like

Pair these up with the Harmony Hub and you’ll be able to change the colors like the Hue Bridge (also via Amazon Echo).

1 Like

Yep. I have a set too. It provides a nice, subtle color for a motion-controlled night light.
I wish they were less expensive, but obviously no complaints at this price point.

Seriously?
Do you know this from personal experience?
This would be amazing.

Oh…for anyone that actually has or knows about those Osram bulbs (the color ones), it says they do “Red, Blue, Green as well as Tunable White”.

Does that mean exactly what it sounds like (they only do 4 colors), or am I just reading it too simply or something?

The Osram bulbs will do any combination of Red, Blue, and Green. Usually these are listed as doing 16 million colors (because you can vary the amount of each color just a smidge and it’s considered a new color).

1 Like