CoRE On/Off Light if motion/no motion since

Just checked. Nothing turns blue. I also rebuilt the piston, no change.

Ok.
With the app open and looking at the motion sensor, does it detect motion ok.
If it does then that part of your piston should turn blue when in the dashboard.
Thepiston is running isnā€™t it?

Hi bob, I gave up now. I have set this up again in the smart lighting app and it works fine. I checked before that the motion is detected fine when I move around, but still the piston doesnā€™t recognize it. Probably there is some minor error.

Is this an advanced version of CoRE? My version looks very differentā€¦

Hey Robin,

I really like your use of a variable to lock the lights on or off. Unfortunately, at the moment, I donā€™t have a scene capable switch. Is there another way for CoRE to tell if a switch was manually toggled vs. a SmartApp making the change? So far, I havenā€™t found a way to treat manual switch changes any different than any other change.

If it helps, I posted with a few more details here:

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but Iā€™ve been battling with this same type of issue for weeks now and I canā€™t seem to get it working. Itā€™s like the ā€œstaysā€ analysis doesnā€™t work.

Iā€™m trying to create the following scenario- if the garage door is open or thereā€™s motion on the motion sensor in the garage then the garage lights turn on. If the garage door is closed AND thereā€™s no motion on the motion sensor for 10 minutes then the lights turn off.

My lights never turn off, even though thereā€™s no motion reported to the motion sensor, but the dashboard shows the ā€œmotion stays inactive for 10 minutesā€ condition as not being met. Iā€™ve tried building this as two separate basic pistons (one to turn on and one to turn off), and as a latching piston, and neither work.

Wondering if I could get some help on this. So basically I have a ring doorbell and have want to create a rule that says if after sunset and motion is detected, turn on the outside light and living room light. The issue is if weā€™re sitting down inside and motion is detected outside it shuts the lights off after 5 minutes. Iā€™m sure core will solve this but I really donā€™t know how to do it.