CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Time zone is probably not set correctly. Open your ST app, click the three horizontal lines next to MyHome, click the gear icon and verify that the location is set.

Check and make sure your wife is still logged into the ST app. Sometimes, if you donā€™t use the app in a while, it logs you out. If logged out, presence will not work.

Yep. Execute is equivalent to Follow-Up in webCoRE. Glad it worked out!

hi everybodyā€¦trying to set up a few sunset driven light schedules, where at 30 mins to, 1 hr after, and 2 hrs afterā€¦certain lights fade on, fade down, and fade down further respectively.
What is actually occurring is at 30 mins to sunset, the lights turn on but never advance in the fading sequenceā€¦at 1 and 2 hrs after, they brighten to 90% and turn off, brighten to 90% and turn off, and continues for the set time period show in my pistonā€¦can someone please help get me on the right track?<

Location was verified and was found configured (has been since initial install).

Even after resubitting my location.im still having the same problem.

Here are some screenshots to help picture the sequence of events (in order)

Next I choose happens at as my capability: ā€œhappens atā€

The next screen is blank:

What i see for the first trigger after I advance from the previous screen with the red error message:

This is what I see when I try to go back in the trigger to try and fix it:

I have to back out of everything and return to the main CoRE menu to clear myself from this unknown state.

Yes. She is logged in.
Both our presences are active in the app as of this very moment.

Go to the hamburger menu, find the place where you choose your location on a map. Zoom out and select a location in a completely different continent. Go for South America or Africa if you have to. Then save and go back and this time select the proper location. That should reset your location and maybe get CoRE to work. If that does not fix it, try installing webCoRE (still beta), itā€™s the next gen CoRE and you probably wonā€™t regret it.

Okā€¦

Will try this.

If all else fails.

Where can I get the logs to capture the behavior I captured via screen shot ,from my second post here? I ask for logs to add some context to the troubleshooting efforts.

Thanks

Go to the IDE > Live Logging - if you see errors, the line number is of utmost inportance

That worked.

Chose Lisbon, Protugal then back again to the US.

Now I was able to see all the time variables including sunset that I was looking for:

Thanks to all that helped
Much appreciated

Can anyone help me?

Hi,
Iā€™m not being obstructive or anything but you have posted in the CoRE thread as opposed to the webCore thread.
Might be better to post there and you will get all the webCoRE guruā€™s looking and able to advise.
Good luck.
EDIT: From my limited knowledge I think you may need to change your ā€˜IFā€™ statements to run async.

Use the preset time Sunset, not the variable $sunset. Same for $sunrise, use the preset Sunrise instead

how come the first 3 conditions run using the variables without issue, but when it gets to the ones that are asking lights to fade, they donā€™t run?

Apologize if this has been asked earlier and seems like a dumb question - tried search and could not find.

i am trying to make a ā€˜new instance of CoReā€™ in my smartapps list, e.g.
CoRE - living room
CoRE - bedroom
etc.
etc.

with their own respective Smart Apps instead of ONE single CoRE with many pistons.

I have tried going to Marketplace tab > custom app (pasted Code, no Github integration) > CoRe, but it jumps to a random piston instead of starting up a new blank CoRe.

There is a line in the SmartApp that you need to change in the IDE. Canā€™t remember exactly but I know it was around line 55. Find the word true and change it to false.

Edit: I moved my post to webCoRE thread as it was mistakenly posted in CoRE.Moved post

Is anyone able to control a furnace fan via Nest and ST? I can get the fan to turn on but cannot get it to cancel or turn off. This may be because the Nest wants it to run for a specified period of time. I assume it must need a cancel command or something to stop the fan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I need to do if anyone can help meā€¦

If at sunset (trigger) Iā€™m at home (presence)

Then open light

Else

Wait 10 minutes and check again if Iā€™m homeā€¦ if I am open the light, if not loop.

I think I now how I could to do using 2 pistons, but I canā€™t figure out how to do it using just one.

Need help with creating a piston. I want to have every light turn on in the house based on a mode (I have this accomplished) whenever its sunset to sunrise, but what I want to have happen afterward is whats boggling my mind. I want every light to turn off after 10 minutes except for the light in the room thatā€™s detecting motion.

Any ideas on how I can get this done?