CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

sort of. I can see the core logic when I click but don’t see a Show Code button anywhere. I would like to see the actual code (on the web would be even better).

You’ll need to set up a Time trigger like this…

IF
Time happens at 10:00 PM
AND
Any of KwikSet Front Door or KwikSet Side Door lock is unlocked

THEN
Send SMS notification…

If you want to take it a step further and have it notify you exactly which door is unlocked at 10pm then you will probably need to use variables.

Can somebody tell me if this piston looks like it would function correctly? Basically, there are three contact sensors and if any of them are open for more than five minutes, I want it to turn off my furnace.

Then if that sensor is closed, to turn the thermostat (furnace) back on.

Super helpful, thank you so much. Took me a minute to figure out the AND group thing, but I did eventually, and it works perfectly.

1 Like

I am struggling with a piston.
Here’s what I like to do:

If Pantry Door opens AND chandelier is OFF, then turn on chandelier.
If Pantry Door closes, then off chandelier
BUT if pantry door closes and the chandelier was ON from before, then do not turn off chandelier.

Basically, if the chandelier was on from before, then dont turn on or off.

Edit: Figured it out. Used a Latching and only execute the OFF command on piston change.

Is anybody else having problems using “set cool point” when using CoRE?

Bumping this. :slight_smile: Is there an easy way to have the lights flash 3 or 4 times quickly in red when there is motion at the front door, but then return the lights to their prior state?

I am looking for a simple piston to have harmony hub lower the TV volume gradually or start a dimming type scenario where the volume goes from X% to 0% over 60 min time. Is this possible with CoRE?

Need help with the following please

Motion sensor turns light on
No activity for x minutes light goes off
But If light is already ON, Piston does not fire and light stays on.
And If Light switch is activated manually after Motion Sensor activates light , then Off action will be cancelled and light stays on.
Thanks

Can some money please help me with this piston? I’m trying to get my Thermostat to turn off if there was a door open for more than five minutes. And then after all the doors are closed, have a Thermostat turn back on. I’ve been trying for two days to get this to work I would like somebody to help me please !!!

I tried this too. And it’s not working either and like I would like. @ady624

Hello,

I have 2 questions about CoRE:

1- Is it possible to do multiple locations logic? I have a pretty big house that 1 smartthings hub is not enough, yet I want all devices on all hubs to work together, for example if a sensor activates that is connected to the first hub, the light connected to the third hub should light up.

2- Can CoRE perform tasks in parallel instead of in sequence? I noticed when I try to group a number of lights they always do the command in sequence. for example, if button 1 is pressed then change the color of all living room lights to red and reduce brightness. This will actually make them turn red one by one then reduce brightness one by one. Can’t CoRE make them all change simultaneously?

Thanks, great app!

I am not good at using Core for other than basic stuff…but I need a do this:
Step 1. When phone leaves set thermostat to X cool, X heat, and hold. (Got this part working great)
Step 2. If temperature in bedroom goes above X, then change thermostat to X for 30 minutes, the return back to previous setting.
How do I do this?
Thanks

I would use a separate piston for that. Or set it as part of my trigger. I have something similar using a virtual “Warmup” switch that could easily be triggered by a temperature sensor.

My code is rather ugly though, it involves 2 presence sensors and three virtual switches for a total of 5 different setpoints. I won’t scare folks here with it.

Unless you beg.

1 Like

Please!!!

You asked for it:

1 Like

Is this the new beta version of core? Mine looks nothing like this…

webCoRE Beta 1

For the following Piston, do I need to add anything else to the temperature listings. Right now I just have “20”. I want it to be 20 degrees F. Do I need to manually add a degree symbol or an “F”?

Hi there. You might want to publish this in the webCoRE thread in case webCoRE peeps are not following this anymore.