CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

I don’t have a sonos so not sure, just make note that if the track has a space or special characters, you’ll need to encode it manually.

Re the detailed layout for back, best way right now is save a screen grab of the piston from the gui dashboard.

The above didn’t work and after some more then even more reading, I finally got it. Didn’t realize how powerful expert mode was/is.

CoRE is AWESOME!!

I’ve done every possible combination of the URL on my network.

Has anyone used their Sonos with CoRE yet??

Post a pic of an example so we can take a look. I know there are folks in this thread that use Sonos with CoRE.

Here is what I have to play a radio station. Not sure if this helps or not.

ST Hub just arrived Friday afternoon. After an quick run through setup, testing alexa, letting the kids and visiting in-laws play with voice control of lights (serious WAF tip right there) I dove into automation and quickly landed on CoRE.

My first goal was to establish reliable presence detection and a framework for future multi-device setup per person. Using the OnHub via IFTTT I am setting a virtual switch for Wifi Presence per person. For the wife’s IFTTT location there is also a simulated switch with a simple piston that sets a simulated presence sensor for her. All of this feeds into a piston per person that sets a “reliable” simulated presence sensor and I plan to use those for all triggering.

I included one below, is there any glaring holes here or a more simple way for me to accomplish this? Becuase the phone location and Wifi could be inaccurate simply by being off the fact I can flip the virtual switches/presence sensors gives us more fine grain control say via SmartTiles

I am using additional pistons to do things like simple carport light automation, routine triggering etc. based on this multi-factor source. My only gripe so far is the ST mobile presence seems a bit sticky, may switch to IFTTT myself if this continues. I have flipped back and forth on the simulated switch vs. presence sensor but I figured I may need it for other smart apps in the future and the execution time is <1 sec.

Hello

I am trying to set up a Chrismas Scene with me talking to Siri. Basically something like that http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/apple/smartthings-raspberry-pi-homebridge-siri-homekit-controlled-smart-home.html
I have everything up and running and can talk to Siri switching on lights. I have also the DLNA renderer working with a DLNA receiver, my raspberry etc.
I have tried to create a piston that get activated when my power switch gets activated by Siri but I don’t know how to do it. I can see a TRACK URL but don’t know how to have it working.
Can someone pls help me out?
thanks
F

What capability are you using for Home is Asleep ? I tried to recreate it, to help me understand it, but the closest I could get is Routine ‘Asleep’ was executed.

Edit: ok so I’d never dabbled with modes before but i’ve created an ‘Asleep’ mode with an ‘Asleep’ routine to switch to it. I created a piston as per yours with the exception of the color because I don’t have a color hue. It works fine for me :confused:

Have you made changes to or set up the goodnight mode? perhaps its something in that or another mode that’s turning the asleep mode off when you put it on, does the sleep mode show as on in smartthing’s UI ?

In this sample piston, if it has started the timer and motion is triggered again. Will the piston trigger again? So the light stays on and start the timer again after motion stops again?

Any enlightenment or education would be appreciated.

I would like to make a Piston to run at dates and times I specify off a spreadsheet, is this possible?

I don’t think so, at least not easily.

You can however make a piston that contains a schedule to call another piston.

1 Like

Hey guys, trying to schedule Christmas lights, osram lightify. Want to change from.red to green every 5 seconds. Question…

How do you tell this piston to run again after its done? I tried follow up with piston, but it doesn’t seem to work. Simulations work ok.

You’re on the right track, follow up with piston is what you need.

Add a task cancel policy to restart the timer. Do cancel on piston change.

Ok I set up a simple core, I am looking to have it between the time of 7:30am and 9am check temp on multi sensor, if temp is lower than or equal to 69 and bathroom door sensor is “closed” turn on bathroom plug outlet that will turn on a little space heater, the else says turn off plug outlet…

I can use the manual test and it functions but when it is just running the core it does not update change the plug to off or on, I have tested by changing the time window and the temp setting so that the temp reading is higher than the setting so it would turn the plug off, and set it so the setting is lower than the actual sensor temp so it would turn plug on, only when i run it in manual simulate mode does it work.

I have the first set of options as a group, so it shows If time between A and B AND temp is lower than or equal to X AND bathroom door sensor is “CLOSED” Then Turn on bathroom plug
Else Turn Bathroom plug off

Would this be how I want to do this… i essentially only want the space heater in bathroom to turn on in the morning just before we get up so the bathroom is toasty so after we take a shower we not shivering as the house temp is set lower.

so my motion light goes on when wind speeds hit a certain level so I want to shut off the switch if it reaches above X. However looking at CoRe values for gust and windspeed you cant us less than equal to or between. any suggestions?

Hi guys! I’m new to CoRE and I’m trying to setup a simple Piston that turns my computer on and off. I’ve setup a basic Piston that checks the status of a virtual switch that I have. If the switch is turned on it will WOL my computer which works correctly.

The issue I’m having is shutting down the computer when the switch is turned off. I’m currently using some software on my computer called TaskerSlave which runs a simple HTTP service in the background. When any device on my network navigates to the “http://host:8080/shutdown” address it shuts down the computer. So i setup a “Make a web request” action to the URL previously mentioned with a GET method and a JSON Content type. When the piston runs, the computer does not shutdown.

I’ve been using this HTTP service successfully for months now with the android app Tasker using a GET request and from any web browser enabled devices on my network. Any ideas? Is the “Make a web request” feature just not working? Thanks for your time and for any input.

Pretty sure Pistons are executed on the cloud which is why it will work on devices inside your network. Unless you have punched the right holes in your firewall.

I use CoRE and Sonos and have been having problems with this type of routine as well. In general, Sonos/ST integration has not been reliable when calling a URL or MP3. More often than not, the system is returning the last source/channel played and not the desired one.

Having said that, I have found the Sonos integration more stable than the Samsung Multirooms and Bose Soundtouch. If you can, you might want to have the Sonos speak a text phrase in lieu of a URL or MP3. I have had no problems whatsoever with text.

RE “Presence” … you’re being kind when you refer to it as being sticky. :unamused:

In addition to presence, I add at least one physical device. For example, to raise the garage door, there must be presence, motion on the camera at the garage door, and motion on a motion detector watching the driveway. If all 3 don’t happen, my wife and I do it the old fashioned way and reach for the garage door opener. Before I did this, we had the garage door going up and down at all hours. Keep in mind presence isn’t just a ST issue. If your phone’s battery goes dead or your phone loses Wi-Fi, you will lose presence as well.