CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Please pm me tomorrow morning to look into it, maybe I don’t have an endpoint for heatingSetPoint etc.

So I am having trouble with a basic rule:

I need my garage doors to open when presence sensor 1 and presence sensor 2 are present, the garage door is closed and the presence sensors have been away for at least 5 mins.

I tried the following but it did not work:

If,
Presense Sensor 1 was away for at least 5 mins
and
Presense Sensor 2 was away for at least 5 mins
and
Presence Sensor 1 changes to present
and
Presence Sensor 2 changes to present
and
Garage Door is closed,
Then,
open Garage Door.

Having both 1 and 2 “changes to” won’t work, do IS.

Edit: then it might open other times…you need one trigger, but since both have to be present…

Group them

So first group is Presence sensor 1 changes to present and 2 is present.

OR

Second group is Presence sensor 2 changes to present and 1 is present.

That group is then AND’d to the other conditions.

1 Like

I have something similar.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but someone I know has CoRE installed and working, but whenever they go to the dashboard, it just says error and will not load. They tried rebuilding the pistons but that did not do anything. Thoughts on what I should have him try?

This will help you as I had this same question when I was getting started.

1 Like

Has oAuth been enabled in the ide?

1 Like

I have a WAIT timer question. I’ve watched the dashboard when I have a WAIT in effect and noticed that it restarts sometimes even though the state of the piston hasn’t changed.

This is specifically on my garage door and it supposed to wait 3 min when the door is open. It sometimes gets down to 2:30, sometimes 2 min left and all of a sudden it will hiccup and start over at 3 min.

Anyone else notice this or know what is going on?

Piston pic please :slight_smile:

Do you have Cancel On Piston State Change enabled.
I find that this does the trick.

They should make sure they have the oauth enabled in the settings.

1 Like

I believe it’s your temp swing that’s causing the restart. I’d suggest a state change only also on that part of the piston.

Assistance Needed:
I am trying to build a piston that does the following:

if Bedroom motion is active and location mode is home or evening

Look at the status of the Hue bulbs in the room if they are currently on do nothing exit piston

else if off turn lights on at 80% to warm white

once motion is inactive
wait 15 min
turn lights off.

I have tried several times with no luck in making this work. The main Issue I have is on the first motion it works but if the sensor gets a second motion within the 15 min it exits the piston.

Why should the temp change matter? I’m not following the logic behind the state change on the temp swing

A change in your Garage Thermostat temp reevaluates your piston even if the state hasn’t changed which is why I’m guessing your timer is getting reset. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Did you guys come to a conclusion with this? Hoping I can get this working. Do you need any logs from me at all?

Thanks, will give that a check. Turns out he hadn’t enabled oauth. Once he enabled it he was able to see the dashboard. Thanks also to @bobbles and @bamarayne

1 Like

Looking for help validating humidity on a Honeywell lyric thermostat… not finding an option outside relative humidity which will not work.

Hi, I am trying to use the capture/restore function but I can’t seem to get it working. I think I have it correct but none of the switches return to their previous state.