CoRE and Piston Rules Engine, first design steps

Is this still the official thread for reporting issues?

If youā€™re using the Beta version, I think that you should be posting in the Beta thread.

Here - [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Communityā€™s own Rules Engine)

1 Like

@esakowski you can also report the issue on the github repository that way it doesnā€™t get lost in the 4K threads we have going :smile:

Wrong thread? CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

1 Like

What are you talking about? lol

2 Likes

All, please upgrade to 098.

v0.1.098.20160615 - Beta M1 - Bug fix - error while trying to prevent redundant requests to devices

2 Likes

@ady624 did you notice that if you set THEN action it takes you back to when is true do this and only after that takes you back to main page? Same for ELSE and when is false. At least that is doing on Androidā€¦Let me know if you need more details.

Github issue please?

Hi Adrian
Ifttt seems to offer pretty good wifi presence detection. Is there any way I can get it to feed back into CoRE?

Have IFTTT trigger a virtual switch in ST when presence changes? CoRE can then act on that as a virtual presence sensor.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my evening timed out then ! :wink:

I know your post was 2 months ago, but the simplest solution is a Smart Lighting control that says when your power plug is turned on, turn off the power plug. I have a solenoid set up like this to open a dog door, it just needs to fire for a split second to pull open a pin. I have a Smart Lighting control set up so that when the dog door outlet turns on, turn off the dog door outlet. This results in around a 1 second activation of this outlet before itā€™s turned back off.

Thanks for the reply! Right now I am using CoRe and it is working well. If it starts giving me problems I will try SL.

1 Like

Same exact issue. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread but canā€™t find it now.

Ady624 told me its a known ST bug. Hopefully they fix this. I feel bad asking some questions that I know must have been asked before. But like you probably did, I searched for this exact verbiage and came up empty. When it comes to questions about pistons, there are as many ways to ask the question as ways to get a light to turn on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Iā€™m using Aeon Smart Dimmer to determine whether or not any of the computers are in use. But I find that using wattage isnā€™t reliable. Is there a way to add the ability to have the amperage as a condition CoRE can monitor?

Wattage and amperage are in a direct relationship: W = U*I so if wattage varies too much to be reliable, amperage will do the sameā€¦ Is there no wattage that can be the threshold?

Thanks for the reply and all the work youā€™ve done!

One of the dimmer is for a monitor; wattage is very predictable. For the iMac thatā€™s plugged into the other dimmer, it seems to have sporadic the spikesā€¦most likely due to the background refresh feature. And this feature makes providing a threshold or range difficult.

How long are these spikes? A few seconds?

Iā€™m trying to set my ecobee to away mode when i arm SHM, unlike your screen capture, i donā€™t see an option for home (ā€¦)

I do see an option for switchMode(ā€¦) when i select my eCobee though

Not sure what Iā€™m doing wrongā€¦

Appreciate any help in getting my eCobee to change states with SHM

I have the latest CoRE package

thanks