[CLASSIC] Routines Backup - Verify/double check your routine execution, notify and take actions

So in the app , will it always show checking in the routine?

I see what you mean. Checking means it will check for those devices when the routine executes, it’s not an ongoing action, just text. Maybe the words “Check these devices” or “Verify” is more appropriate than “Checking”.

Gotcha makes sense now, thanks for the clarification. Great smartapps by the way.

1 Like

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I had to redo my setup due to an inadvertent delete.

Since then, I have two issues I have yet to resolve.

1. My Routines Backup says “no routines found on your SmartThing hub, nothing to configure.”

I’m at a loss. I set up the DH and LUM, and the other 3 main aps (Schlage Lock Alarm, Mode Change Actions, and SHM Routines etc. app)… I remember clearly I had Routines Backup active, because for a whole year, my app would send endless minute-to-minute update notifications (until a few months ago, I figured how to minimize them).

1. Well, this issue doesn’t belong here, but I’ve mentioned it elsewhere. My Schlage doesn’t auto-lock, and I don’t remember how I fixed that issue the last time.

But yeah, I haven’t had luck finding answers when I don’t know what to type in search.

hbs

Hi,
Just migrated to the new ST app on IOS. I believe Routine Backup was installed before but I didn’t have any routines checked. With the change to Automations (routines) in the new ST, I’ve made several edits and added/deleted more Automations. But I don’t see any of the updates to Automations in backup. Should it pick up the changes and update or do I need to delete/add the SmartApp again? If so, all settings will be lost?
Thanks.

This is a Classic only smartapp since Routines don’t exist in the new app and Automations can’t be managed by SmartApps.

If you’re on the new app and you want to create a backup, try using modes change actions to create backups for mode changes: [RELEASE] Mode Change Actions - Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change

Okay. Thanks