Change Sensitivity on Aeotec Zigbee Sensor?

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

your driver seems to be exactly what I’ve been searching for since weeks as for me the sensitivity of M6001-MPP01 is much to high.

Can you help me how to use your driver with ZigBee2Mqtt?
I am running Homeassistant.

Thank you!

All the best,
Georg

Welcome! This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home Automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context.

Edge Drivers like the one that Mariano wrote are part of that architecture, and will only run on a SmartThings hub, as they are part of the embedded firmware.

There are some community members who use both SmartThings and home assistant, but it would require that you have a SmartThings/aeotec hub. The edge drivers themselves are not portable.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t think I can help you with this.

Maybe some user who uses the @TAustin MQTT driver can tell you how to implement the solution of changing the sensitivity of the device in the code of your ZigBee2Mqtt driver.

This is the link to github code

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply. That’s awesome!

I translated your .lua to .js and included it as an external converter to Zigbee2mqtt.
This did half of the trick.
I could at least select the parameters for threshold and theshold multiplier, but could not access them.
Zigbee2mqtt reported an unsupported attribute.

Knowing from your work that the parameters are there and could be available, it seems there is something missing, to publish the parameters in the device.

This multi_utils.lua module contains the definition of the cluster 0xFC02 and the attribute 0x0000 that must be written.

and the function custom_write_attribute()

local CUSTOM_ACCELERATION_CLUSTER = 0xFC02
multi_utils.CUSTOM_ACCELERATION_CLUSTER = CUSTOM_ACCELERATION_CLUSTER
local MOTION_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER_ATTR = 0x0000
multi_utils.MOTION_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER_ATTR = MOTION_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER_ATTR

You need include the manufacturer code (SAMJIN_MFG = 0x1241) in the message for custom attribute write

device:send(multi_utils.custom_write_attribute(device, multi_utils.MOTION_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER_ATTR, data_types.Uint8, accelThreshold, SAMJIN_MFG))

Dear Mariano,

thank you for your hint. Please excuse the delay in my reply.
I will try and let you know.