CentraLite Keypads

Unfortunately not but SmartThings has said they’re looking into adding different permissions for secondary user accounts. I wouldn’t hold my breath on it though.

Also, are you using the code that I have linked or the actual official code from @ethayer? I only ask because keypad functionality is now merged into the main code so you don’t need to use my custom code anymore (I won’t be updating it in the future).

Not sure. I copied it from a thread further up.
/**

• User Lock Manager v4.1.0
  • Copyright 2015 Erik Thayer
  • Keypad support added by BLebson

*/

You should be using this one which is the ogival release:

Out of curiosity is there any reason to buy the X3400 over the IRIS version? Any options that are different or functions that work on one and not the other. I am only using it to arm and disarm SA. At this time I don’t have any locks and if I am reading everything correctly Lock Manager is for door locks. Is that correct?

It’s main function is to control door locks and manage user codes. I added the keypad support in order to leverage the user management functionality and allow common codes between locks and keypads (assuming you use a 4-digit code).

Not that I know of. I believe they have pretty much the same feature set.

Thanks, that is good to know. I just wish the IRIS motion sensor was more sensitive I have to be 4 to5 inches in front and then wave my hand to awake the keypad.

it is proximity sensor, not motion sensor. I is feature, you have to be about 10-20 cm far. if it lit every time is somebody going around batteries will drain pretty quickly.

2 Likes

I understand that, but my friend has the IRIS system and the proximity sensor works at least 8 inches away. he just has to move his hand toward the IRIS keypad and it awakes. No waving etc.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to get the Panic button to work and the chirp to disarm? This is my log when pressing Panic

I’m not so good with code, does anyone know if the X-3400 app runs the routine (when set in settings) in addition to changing the SHM alarm state? @mitchp?

Trying to configure an exit delay, but I’m not having much luck. I’d like the Arm/Away from the keypad to just run a routine, but I think it’s also setting the SHM alarm state immediately. I just don’t understand the code well enough to know.

I believe that’s exactly what it’s doing, i.e. running a routine that you can configure, but also setting the SHM state.

Thanks, pretty sure that’s what’s screwing me up. I’d like to have it just run the routine (where I will let Rule Machine configure a delay).

I am using Smart Alarm with the X3400 app and my delays on entrance and exit work fine. Set up the delays in Smart Alarm.

I have built in exit delays in the lock code manager SmartApp by ethayer. It’s a bit more complicated than the keypad only one and allows use with door locks.

1 Like

Has any one looked at the log entry and maybe figure out the Panic button?

Thank you Ben. I was able to take the original 3400-X code and copy back the arm delay info from ethayer’s code to give myself a custom solution. I added independent delays for “stay” and “away” modes

I don’t know enough about programming to figure this one out, but I’d love to have this feature as well. I have a routine in ST that trips a virtual contact sensor, which will trip the alarm when armed. I just need a way for the keypad to activate it.

@blebson I think I am missing something Big and Important to get this to work.

Thanks for all of your work. I just tried adding the iris keypad and it showed up as a thing.
I created a smartapp from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager/master/smartapps/ethayer/user-lock-manager.src/user-lock-manager.groovy

I then didn’t know how to connect the keypad with @ethayer 's smart app. I tried adding @ethayer 's device handler here because I didn’t know where else to get the right info for this. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock-reporting.src/zwave-lock-reporting.groovy
But this doesn’t make sense. The keypad is zigbee and the device handler says zwave all over.

Am I supposed to leave the iris sensor as just a “thing”?
This is the data I have for it:
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: CentraLite
model: 3405-L

Go to post 526 it tells you what you need for the IRIS that is what I am using with no problems. I used the X3400 at the bottom instead of lock manager as I am not using any locks, but either works.

1 Like