CentraLite Keypads

I think you meant post 531, but don’t use that version! That has a link to @bridaus’ patch, but it has already been pushed into @mitchp’s repo. Thus, the links in the first post are more up-to-date for the DTH (centralite-keypad.groovy) and the SmartApp (3400-x-keypad-manager.groovy).

You should assign the devicetype linked in the first post to the keypad. Then you’ll add the keypad to the Lock Code Manager under “Keypad Info (optional)”. You will also have to create users with 4-digit PINs as the keypad only supports 4 digits.

It is 526 as it has both types.

If he’s already added the keypad and it paired as a ‘Thing’ then he should assigned the DTH from the first post. I had created a modified version of the DTH to add the Iris keypad fingerprint but that’s just for convenience and is not required.

I just submitted a pull request to add the Iris keypad fingerprint to the default DTH.

Merged. 20chars…

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you. I have to test this later tonight. Just a quick question, why use the DTH from mitch pond but the lock app from ethayer?

DTH and SmartApps are completely different things. Mitch’s DTH allows the system to recognize the device connected as a ‘Keypad’. Ethayer’s SmartApp (with my additions :wink: ) allows you to control the ‘Keypad’ and create user profiles. Without one, the other is useless.

1 Like

Indeed. Got it working and it is working well.

1 Like

So if we use Smart Alarm, this keypad should work to arm and disarm? I’m currently using the built in Alarm, with the keypad… But the built in alarm is having so many issues, I want to switch to Smart Alarm… But want to make sure it works.

I am using Smart Alarm and arming and disarming only from the keypad. I do not use presence sensors or phones as they are totally useless. You can monitor the status with SHM if it is working or you can use another device type and smart app to show status. Do a search for Smart Alarm Status app and you should find the apps.

Here is the link.SA Status

Thanks for the reply… Can you elaborate a bit more?

The one time I used Smart Alarm, the biggest issue I had was seeing if house was armed or not. But u say u can monitor it with SMH? How so?

And the app you speak of, is it an app in SmartThings?

When I arm my SA by the Keypad it is using a routine such as away, stay etc so those routines are mirrored by SHM. but understand arming from SHM will not arm SA and will chances are go out of sync. But since SHM is so unreliable I am using those device type and Smart App to work to show status without using SHM.

Hi,
i’m new to this… i bought a centraLite keypad (3400)and i’m trying to see ho i can use the device handler/smartApp you have developed for this keypad.
can you give me pointers?

I was able to pair the keypad device and add the device handler for it.

Data:
application:
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: CentraLite
model: 3400

Current status:
temperature: 77
battery: 88

I also configured the smart-App (3400-X Keypad Manager). should this be download to the SMT app ? at this point, I can not configure the keypad. i can only see the temperature and battery level.

any suggestions?

It sounds like you’re 90% there. You need to set the PIN in the Keypad Manager settings and configure it for SHM or set the routines to run when arming/disarming.

1 Like

i got the keypad configure… from the smart-app, I set the pin # and the routines (away/stay/night). The smartApp also shows the current alarm-mode. when i press the away key (walking) followed by the pin#, the key pad only beeps… the routines do not execute. … any suggestions ?

ON mine I have to do pin then the away/disarm key. The way your trying doesn’t work for me.

i tried both ways… but none worked…there is no event from device when i enter the pin… theeventes from device are battery, temperature armMode (disArmed). if i do refresh from the SmartApp, the device return temperature… for pin code entry, what should be the event ?
also, the network status stops flashing ? is this ok?

Mitch I need help!
When Smarth Home Monitor was having so many problems I deleted apps and “things” related to it including the centralite keypad and app that you wrote. Now I have the keypad reinstalled but the app now gives an error message: “Sorry but there was an unexpected error” and then the only text on the app is “Remove” However, it won’t let me remove it from my API. Any clue how I can fix it?

Does anything show up in Live Logging when you get the error in the app?