Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution compatibility?

Renaming Auto to Resume for #3 is simple but can’t explain the “one line too low” effect on IOS - I didn’t find a logical icon for “Resume” so I just used the text-label-only option for this.
#4 is easy but looks like we will need to find some real estate for this and zone id, maybe changing Resume to just one tile will give room for zoneId, and use FanMode for SystemMode?

1 Like

Added support for changing thermostat mode (#4) but may not have all modes covered yet. For now this will show up as a tile on a another new row. Also, tried to tweak the icon stuff a bit to see if it helps on IOS (removed decoration=flat).

1 Like

Hi folks. Glad to see such progress after all these years!

Today I installed Infinitude and the device handler/smart app in this thread. I have two systems, 5 zones each. I’m noticing the following:

1. The “main” zone (being the infinity touch) is able to be controlled/profile changed via smartthings/webcore (e.g., set to away after no motion for X minutes).

2. Other zones on smart sensors don’t seem to be able to do the same. In the scenario above, they will switch to away for about a minute, then revert back to “home or manual”.

Has anyone noticed this behvaior? Any fixes?

Hi I am having some troubles. I have two systems, one for floors 1,2 and one for floors 3,4. I have installed Infinitude, but can only see the respective zones for each controller, so I have now installed two instances of infinitude, one per system. I have added the device handlers and Smartthings app from the zraken GitHub, I am able to see the thermostats when I swap port numbers on the ip:port web interface, but for some reason every time I try to save the devices in the smart things setup, it says I have hit an error and need to reinstall the smart app. I am on the new SmartThings app if that helps. Is there something I am missing? Thanks!

Got infinitude set up an a RPI, got @zraken 's smart app and device handler installed, but am getting an error trying to save the zone selection (I only have one). Any tips?

how do I find IP and port for my infinity touch ?

I have a slightly strange issue!

Infinitude working: :ballot_box_with_check:
Can control via Infinitude when connected to Home Assistant :ballot_box_with_check:
Annoyed to how I need to connect Infinitude to Home Assistant + needing to pay $5 per month for Google Assistant Integration :ballot_box_with_check:
Infinitude connected to SmartThings and able to view the thermostat and settings within ST… :ballot_box_with_check:
Ability to control, change temperature or anything via Thermostat within ST: :x:

Anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I connected the DH and SA, was able to select the zone, etc…
Thanks everyone!
-D

I’ve recently just moved to the new SmartThings app and realized the device handler no longer works in this environment. Anyone willing to help port the device handler?

Oh, well that may be the reason why it is not working!
If I had literally any idea how to help, I would. Otherwise, Ill just sit in the stands and watch.

any updates? thank you

I haven’t had time to research custom DH in the new smartthings app, that said WebCore integration still works great to Infinitude (the underlying integration layer) so if you’re comfortable with that limitation it does allow all the automation you’d need.

Anyone out there with experience on the new smartthings app building custom DH’s?

Looks like quite a few popular DTHs (FKB, this one) are broken with the new ST app, (thanks for nothing Samsung)! Hoping some of the smart folks here swoop in and start updating them.

Since the Alexa Routine for Carrier Infinity has stopped working for me as well and reading comments there, it sounds more like Carrier has broken something.

SmartApp Log: API Error: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “73.0”

Does anyone have this working. I am seeing this error in the SmartApp log and it started about the same time my Alexa routine stopped working.

Not sure what the error means in the log and hoping one you using Infinitude have traced the problem done.

Thanks.

I finally have a Carrier system supported thermostat working better than I could expect. I liked the Infinity thermostat but recently started using Keen vents and being able to control heat in areas of the house better have improved rooms without impacting the others. I then realized once the hot days of summer arrive I could not do the same with cooling unless I could start and stop the AC.

Because Carrier broke their API and I lost Alexa integration I was checking on their website to find any news on what the heck was going on when I saw that Carrier has partnered with ecobee and now offer 2 models for Carrier line of HVACs.

I got the EB-STATE5CR-01 model, Ecobee Smart Thermostat Pro with Voice Control. I figured it would be a more complicated install after reading the included instructions that did not help at all for my system. I had the 4 wire infinity cluster and needed an experience HVAC tech. He had to move some wires on the furnace control board as well as the outside AC. Basically moving away from the Infinity communication system to a more standard relay type system. According to the tech I did not lose all off the infinity/carrier benefits but some of its efficiency.

So far so good. I like the ecobee system. I like it’s features/abilities and if I have to leave SmartThings it has enough capabilities to do what I need.

I am keeping the Carrier Infinity thermostat just in case Carrier wakes up and realizes what a great system they have and open up it’s connectivity. I doubt it though. Maybe they will keep working with ecobee and develop a way to use the Infinity communication interface with all of its efficiency.

Carrier Thermostats

That’s interesting! It looks like that specific Ecobee model is Carrier-certified, but not for use with the Infinity features. If I’m using an Infinity system, I wonder what the difference is between this Ecobee and wiring up the other, non-Carrier Ecobee model.

I was able to get one brand new on ebay for a lot less than Carrier. The have one there now. Search for the model EB-STATE5CR-01. I am not sure what the difference is than other model. My tech did reference the installation manual for the HVAC for dip switch settings after the rewiring.

I made sure the item I bought on ebay had the Carrier Logo on the box.

Carrier and Carrier Infinity have different compatible thermostats, unfortunately.
On the bottom, click on the Carrier Infinity compatible and your options drop.
https://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/products/thermostats/smart-thermostats/

I see that now. Well, I had an experienced tech from the company that installed and maintains my Carrier equipment install it. He knew what needed to changed on the furnace and AC. They are an authorized Carrier service provider and have done warranty work on my neighbors unit. So far mine has had no issues.

The tech knew what to do and I have it working. Like I said in the original post, I have lost some Infinity efficiencies but have gained the access of full automation of modern systems. I will trade that any day! I am guessing the operating cost will be offset with my automations.

Ha— yeah, that is basically what I was told. They could wire up another thermostat (even a nest), but I would lose all of the Infinity efficiencies.

This who back and forth and incompatibility with platforms caused me to go the Infinitude route and eventually to Home Assistant… my ST hub isn’t even hooked up anymore + my thermostat now runs perfectly and can be controlled by HA and via Google Home