Can I set Nest to "away" with my "Goodbye!" routine?

yes - in the US. and yes, there can be different regional locks so what may be available to users in the US may not be available to other countries. Eco may be an option. Using the Google Home app is another. That is the method I use for setting Home/Away for my Google Nest Thermostats.

Thanks, can you let me know how you did it in the google home app please? The reason why I want to set the mode ‘Away’ only is because I don’t want the hot water to turn on.

I used their Routines. They should have some preset Routines that you can pick from. I choose both the Home and Away Routines. Used the Google Home presence (you need to set that up in the app)

Away:
When everyone’s away: Use presence sensing
Action: set thermostat to Eco

same for home except When someone’s Home

different options that you can choose

Thanks, can you send some screenshots please? Also, how did you make google routine understand smartthings armed away?

Thanks mate, how do we set the status in google home by looking at smartthings’ status?

That is a question for others to answer unfortunately. I use presence sensing.

You should look at using eco in the St Routine

Will Eco stop turning the hot water as per the schedule?

To the eco settings you set up for the thermostat - it is a thermostat setting that you can edit through the google nest app… hopefully you don’t use the legacy Nest app anymore

am using the legacy nest app but I think i need to migrate to google home. None of the settings will be impacted because of the migartion right?

Depends if you are logging into the Nest app with the legacy Nest account login or with google nest account. The ST integration only uses the google nest account.

For me, the migration from nest to google nest was horrible. I had to start over from scratch as the migration tool would not work on my account.

Ok thanks, will stick to the old app for now and use the option to set the nest mode to away based on the ‘activity sensors’ route and see how it goes.

I’m using my Google account to login to the Nest app and I have my Nest linked to ST. There is no option to set Away mode in ST Routines. Only Heating Temp, Thermostat Mode, and Fan Mode are available Actions.

You might be able to use a virtual device in ST to trigger the Nest mode to be changed via the Alexa skill.

Thanks, tried this as well but even Alexa cannot change the Nest mode

Bummer, was hoping you could use a custom action to simulate a voice command like can be done with the Ecobee skill.

enable Thermostat mode and Away is there. But all it does is turn off the Nest thermostat.

I think ‘Away’ in the US is ‘Off’ in the UK which works for me but I want to set the ‘real’ nest mode to Away so it does not heat the water as per the schedule