[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

We gonna take it offline guys so not to rip up the thread :slight_smile:

I can easily have it show motion event’s in the recent activity if you would like?

Yes you can. I added a new attribute to the device called ‘motionPerson’ that returns active/inactive so you can subscribe to it in webCoRE

1 Like

It sounds like you saved automations code over the existing manager code.

I should have added the new updater to this v5.2.3 release that I co-developed with @coreylista for another project.
It would have eliminate all of these problems.

3 Likes

Not a big deal on it. I see the inactive show up all the time, but never any activity when motion happens except the image. It would be nice to have the verbiage just from a tracking standpoint, but not a huge thing at all.

Awesome!

Haven’t done anything like that in webCore as of yet. Just a few basic things. This is one that will mean way more from the security aspect and being able to send a message via Bose speakers. Thanks again. On top of putting this in, you got other issues taken care of today! Busy guy. Thanks again Anthony

1 Like

I sure did! :slight_smile: Thanks for Everyone’s quick help, especially WB70!!

3 Likes

Just updated the device handlers .
Strange thing is that my nest protects are showing device update available.
Nest cam is updated and showing wat is new in this update.
@tonesto7 maybe a bug?

*** update ***

Don’t know why but suddenly it’s showing that all protects are updated.
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Yea this is the same problem i’m running into @NOS4A2 . Seems like several people are having it.

This was fixed in yesterday’s v5.2.3 release

Curious: what was the root of the issue ?

Me adding a log statement with a value not being available on new installs. Basically I messed up

Would be nice that nest open the way to use the motion sensor . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Good news :grin:

I have installed 5.2.0 in the ide this afternoon over the existing versions in this order without having to change my Nest dev code or OAuth and it has all come back to life.

Nest-manager
Nest-automations
Nest-thermostat
Nest-protect
Nest-presence
Nest-weather

Thank you @tonesto7

I hope this helps any of the other users that stopped working on the 12th October.

1 Like

@MacBenTosh and @jarrett
Did you guys figure out what was causing this problem for you?
Im having the same problem.

I am pretty sure it’s a “Nest” issue and not with NST Manager!
In the Nest app I have everything under “What decides if your home” set NO.
And “Home/Away Assist” set to OFF.

Today alone the “Nest” set its self to home over 20 times, almost every 10 mins sometimes it would keep for up to an hour.

It’s definitely nest. Make sure to dive into the settings for both Home and Away in the Nest Mobile app

Glad to see your back :slight_smile:

I have been, I know for a fact that my protect’s are kicking it out of away whenever they see motion.
and there may be something else as well as often as it does this.

I was hoping to find more people with this same problem so I could convince Nest that they have a problem.

@tonesto7 - any feedback on below? I would appreciate any input on this.

This happened to me a while back as well. When I clicked the magnifying glass, I then clicked in the upper left button to update from repository and saved. I then saved and published again so it came out of edited mode and back to Published.

Thanks!

I tried that, but it was still showing the older version on the phone.

Then I did something that appears to have fixed the issue - I actually did the save/publish again in the IDE, and then went into the ST app on the phone and rather than opening the Nest app instance from my existing list of apps on the Automation/SmartApps tab, I went to Add a SmartApp>My Apps and went through adding the Nest Manager app again as if I was starting for the first time. I came up showing all my existing setup, and is now showing the right version number on my phone as well, ver 5.2.3, and I didn’t end up w/multiple versions of the Nest SmartApp on my Automations/SmartApp list on my phone.

Weird how things got out of sync, hopefully it will be OK going forward.

1 Like

I had something similar, and I think that’s what happens if you update from Github, but don’t remember to tick publish. You end up with an updated draft copy (because you’ve pulled down the new code) and it gets flagged as edited because it’s different to the code you’re running.

It’s annoying that there’s no obvious way to get back in sync via the “update from repo” button, but given that ST is basically maintaining an entire code repository for each of us for free on their servers, I can understand there being a few rough edges!

Anyone know who we should @ to flag this? The obvious solution would be to get rid of the tick box and have two clearly labelled buttons: Save as Draft and Save and Publish