[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I got it to work. Thanks.

2 Likes

Do I have to enable the public stream in order to get the nest camera working? I’m worried about the privacy by enabling the public stream. The app recognized the camera, but it is not showing any video.

What about the privacy aspect once you enable the public stream? Anyone can watch what is happening inside the house if they get the link.

I’ve successfully installed NST Manager and love the work you are doing on it.
However there’s a situation I’m trying to accomplish that I can’t seem to do.
I’m wanting to use NST Manager to set my Nest to Away & Eco when smarthings goes into away mode (this I’ve been able to do successfully). The trick comes when I’m wanting to set Nest eco off and back “home” at a certain time in the afternoon so my home can be cool when I get home from work.
I must be missing something because I can’t find where do to this. Can anyone help???

the apps builtin automations section in the Manager app should be able to accomplish these.

I been having issues lately where NST stops updating until load the app and hit done again.

Been going on for days now

I see two automations.
“Nest Mode Automations” - this is the one I’ve setup to change the Nest to Away/Eco. However I don’t see a setting to change back to home / non eco.

“Thermostat Automations” - I tried using this to set a schedule for the Nest to come on at 3:00 but nothing ever happened. I’m guessing because the Nest is in ECO mode. I read the following from the initial instructions:
If the HVAC mode is ECO when the schedule is evaluated (or the schedule sets the HVAC mode to ECO), the temperature settings of the schedule are “ignored”, as a Nest thermostat in HVAC mode ECO (like OFF), adjustments to the temperature settings cannot be made. If the thermostat comes out of ECO mode (for example Nest Mode automation above or some other automation or user operation), the schedule would be re-evaluated and the temperature settings will take effect.

So if this is the problem, how do I get it out of ECO mode?
Thanks for the quick reply.

First and foremost I would like to say this app is great so nice work.

However can you guys please work with SmartThings on a way to display NST Manager notifications in the actual SmartThings app and not as push notifications, assuming that’s not already possible and I missed it. For some reason I couldn’t figure out why I was getting spammed a “million” notifications over time about NST Manager updates and devices being offline until it just drove me crazy one day that I looked through the settings on NST Manager and found the way to disable the push notifications (which I must’ve enabled a while back). However I still want notifications about new updates just not as push notifications, they should be contained/displayed only within the parent SmartThings app.

Although it is directly related, this doesn’t appear to be an issue against NST Manager but rather the SmartThings app itself which should be able to handle a system of notifications like these. Look at the actual Nest app as a perfect example where after you open the app, in the top-left, if you have notifications, you see a badge counter which you can click for more details. Heck maybe the SmartThings app already has that in place but it’s so awkwardly placed I can never find it.

I’m more disappointed in what seems like everyone else in the world having native support/integration with Nest yet SmartThings still fails miserably at that although that is a completely different topic of course.

Overall, nice work guys!

A schedule should be able to set the hvac mode to cool, heat, auto when in eco mode.

Show us the IDE “Live Logging” logs for this.

I have added a new schedule setting “Return from Eco if in eco” as a setting for hvac mode in a schedule to tell us to return if in eco.

It may be (live logging will show us) that the schedule is setting “out of eco”, then an automation is putting it back into eco.

Live logs should be posted as a private message.

It would be good for us to catch the logs when this “begins”

It seems like the ST platform is having issues in scheduling operations again.

Installed and was working fine for a while then just stopped communicating with the nest. The automations and everything were working, the nest just didn’t respond. For example, if any of the doors were open for more than 2 minutes, the hvac would go into eco mode (I could see the commands being sent in ST activity), but the nest wouldn’t reflect these changes. I tried logging back in a few times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it’s still not working.

Without logs I can’t help. Please PM me and @E_Sch with the logs and we will be happy to help

Hi Guys,

I’m pretty new to smartthings and to nest. So maybe I’m doing something wrong but I installed the Nest manager App (manualy because somehow I dont have the option in the IDE to connect with my Github account). Now i want to login on the app to works with nest and thats going well but when I want to accept the terms of nest on the nest page it keeps reloading the same page and does not go the next window. What is going wrong?

Thnx in advance!

1 Like

Just trying to get this setup for the first time and I’m seeing the same thing (like @Arjan_Pas above) where upon attempting to “Accept” at the “Works with Nest” page, I get an error at the top that says “Oops! We encountered an error. Please try again.”

Any suggestions?

give it a try now, and let us know if it works.

Is it possible to run remote sensor config only in a schedule? and just have a temperature setpoint if no schedules are active?

There is not a schedule on/off for the automation.

The challenge is what the system falls back to when it turns off. The settings in the thermostat are not correct, so just disabling will cause issues.

You can create an equivalent of this. A schedule in NST Manager, can change the sensors in use for remote sensor, so you can change from the “other sensors” to using only the thermostat sensor as part of a schedule.

I’ve noticed the Eco/Home automation has not been reliable lately as there was a couple of times, I left my house and my thermostats never went into Eco mode and this morning I was home and they never switched back. I was planning on setting up a WebCoRE piston to monitor for this, but not sure what properties I can tap to read the status of Eco/home? Also, is this a known issue?

Tried adding the smart app again and was able to “accept” on the nest page without issue. Thanks for the support!

@E_Sch thnx works like a charm!!