Blue Iris - profile trigger

Yeah, I had to use WAN IP.

why do you record continuously? for away, I just set mine to only record on trigger (with 3 second prequel). That way I only get footage I care about, i.e people who are on my porch or anywhere on my property.

is anyone else having issues with this setup - iā€™m getting a lot of errors ā€œcould not adjust blue irisā€ . nothings changed on my end.it works sometimes and others not.

Itā€™s working fine for me and I never had issues.

1 Like

this piece for me works fine. still working out kinks with system overall though. i have been doing a lot of testing and i often see one login failure just before a successful login to BI. not sure what end it is failing on.

i record continuous on the profile i set. it was suggested to me on ipcamtalk forums in bi section. simplest way to turn it off and on for all cameras. one profile set to continuous record. on event, switch to that profile for 2-5 minutes so i see everything happening around the entire house without worrying about a trigger event.

ah right. i would like to have continuous recording, but then iā€™ll just have endless footage.
so you have it set to record continuously - or only on trigger and then for 3-5 mins?

I have a Smartrule that resets profile back to normal after 5 minutes and puts ST back to armed mode.

The way its suggested on forums is to do the following: let it record continuously and still have your alerts setup. This way alerts are marked on the footage and easily referenced and you still have footage in case something got missed or alert didnā€™t trigger

thanks! this weekend i will be tweaking my setup!

iā€™m getting a lot of ā€œcould not adjust blue iris errorsā€. recently. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnā€™t.

has something changed on blue iris side that may be causing this? I cannot work out what the cause is from the ST side. Will try check logs on blue iris perhaps?

Mine has been behaving fine. Is your WAN IP changing at all?

ah I think itā€™s cause Iā€™m using a Dns checker. And it may get the IP address quickly from it sometimes and not others. Will change it to direct ip. Thanks

EDIT: looks like that was causing it. My ip address changes maye every 2-3 months. not sure why the blue iris integration couldnā€™t handle a dns redirect.

Too soon. Same issue. Now itā€™s worse. I have updated the code to the latest version and it happens after that. Is everyone else using latest code without issues ?

My settings are now my direct external IP address. I can access BI remotely fine. But still getting errors could not adjust blue Iris

Settings are all correct for IP including http:// and port and user pass. just connection timeout.

Though I can remotely access blue iris no problems.

Hereā€™s the error iā€™m getting from the log:
xx 12:17:28 PM: debug Parse returned {{ linkText }} has left
xx 12:17:27 PM: debug org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx [/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] failed: connect timed out
xx 12:17:17 PM: debug BI_Found profile 1
xx 12:17:17 PM: debug BI_modeChange matched to Home Day
xx 12:17:17 PM: debug BI_modeChange detected. Home Day

In case it helps, I have problems too. For months actually, on and off. I have been using the latest code for a while now. I suspect it is related to SmartThings platform issues with routines, not the smartapp code.

What happens for me is the profile change executes fine with good morning (profile 1 to 2) each morning, goodbye in the mornings (2 to 1), but Iā€™m Back fails to change the profile when arriving back home (1 to 2), but oddly only sometimes, especially if one of us returns home in the middle of the day to late afternoon. The routines and mode changes seem to complete, but the routines Iā€™m Back and Goodnight seem to under-report or delay notification details when viewing in the mobile app. I see a number of reports of routine issues these days so I assume thatā€™s where the problem is.

Thank you. Thought I was going crazy. Itā€™s pretty straight forward mapping against mode changes. So itā€™s odd itā€™s not working. Must be to do with the on going platform issues. Shame. As this integration was one of my favourites

I spent some time in my Location Events history today and itā€™s clear my problems are with routines failing to change mode properly. When I change mode manually the Blue Iris apps changes BI profiles as expected.

1 Like

Good to know. I wonder if smartthings thinks everything is a ok now. When in fact it isnā€™t.

Looks like they are working on it.

Looking at my logs. The mode is changing fine on my routines. But blue Iris is giving the error sometimes. Even though the mode has changed fine

Edit. Read your post linked above. So itā€™s saying home mode but not really changing it.

Update: still having issues as of 25 May.

All was well for me once I removed Harmony activities from my goodbye and goodnight routines. BI routines changing as expected with mode changes for a few days now.

1 Like

Maybe something in my routine is breaking it