Blue Iris camera trigger from smart things

I’ve updated the code to offer some more detailed logging. Install with this new version, select your devices, open Live Logging, and trigger one or more of your contacts or motion sensors. You should see something like the following:

debug biRestCommand: admin%3Fcamera%3DFront1%26trigger%26user%3DUser%26pw%3Dpassword
debug biRawCommand: admin?camera=Front1&trigger&user=User&pw=password
debug biHost: 192.168.1.136:81
debug processed event motion from device Simulated Motion Sensor with value active and data {"microDeviceTile":{"type":"standard","icon":"st.motion.motion.active","backgroundColor":"#53a7c0"}}

Do the results look right to you in the log? If this still doesn’t work I might install Blue Iris if they have a demo version and try and get it working against the actual software on my end.

edit: I’ve gone and installed Blue Iris and I am seeing the same behavior. It is constructing the URL correctly but there’s something about how the Blue Iris webserver is handling it that is different than a browser. If I use Chrome to issue the command it triggers the camera. If I use cURL from the command line with the same URL, it doesn’t.

This is probably going to involve some Wiresharking.