Best Deadbolt

There’s no one best, as people have different requirements and different budgets. Choice is good. :sunglasses:

If you think of devices as falling into good/better/best categories, then Kwikset is at the high-end of the “good” category. They are definitely a budget brand, ask any locksmith. Or check their industry ratings. They use plastic internally for several parts that locks at higher rating levels will use metal for, which means that over time you will tend to see a higher number of failures. But you definitely save money upfront. So it’s a matter of personal choice.

I like the features on Kwikset locks, but I personally prefer the engineering on Yale or Schlage, both of which have higher industry ratings. For regular residential locks, Schlage would be at the high-end of the better category and Yale would be just very slightly above it, maybe at the lowest end of the best category. So between those two, I would pick based on the features offered and which was the best fit for my specific needs.

The following note is old, but the issue still applies. ( The topic title is a clickable link)

1 Like