Ask Alexa vs. EchoSistant vs. Echo Helper

So you didn’t know that smart things sleep too?

Ok one last question before I dive right in - do I need to delete the existing files that are already there from the current version I have installed?

I see that someone brought up an issue they’re having and wanted to bring up another one that only occasionally happens - sometimes while asking Alexa to provide a report she responds saying there’s restrictions that won’t allow her to do so and to check the application. This only lasts for a short period of time so usually I just wait it out and check back later when it’ll work again and never have to do anything in the app to fix anything. Now I only really ask her to provide temperatures so not sure if she would say this for all of the macros or for only that specific one.

Anyway just a heads up.

No. Just install on top of the original. Do you have any voice or weather report macros? If so let me know as you will need to do something before you upgrade.

Restrictions within the app or with the Amazon service specifically? Ask Alexa can set restrictions but you have full control over them. Let me know what you are referring to.

Ahh no big deal I guess because it’s been a few days since last happening.

Yes I do have a temperature reporting macro.

Cool…well let me know if you have any issues…I will be dropping a new version it appears on Friday for the Show…so stay tuned…

For the show?

Well for Ask Alexa, but I put in enhancements that can be used on the show…or the Alexa app.

Just wondering about Ask alexa because I’m getting an error message saying there was a problem communicating with the requested skill.

Gene,

This typically means you have an issue with the snippet you placed into the Lambda. Let’s take this to PM or the regular Ask Alexa area to discuss. In the mean time, the specific are in the documentation that may fix this for you is here:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#Finalizing_The_Function_Code