Ask Alexa is belligerent

I hope I counted the amount of responses correctly or I will get 19 more telling me I can’t count.

4 Likes

Bad Janet!

IMG_4997

2 Likes

It looks like only 4 responses that might be in response to the issue you mentioned.

3 Likes

I believe that was because I don’t think people understood based on what and how you typed it, exactly what or where the problem was, so people had some fun :slight_smile:

When I “Ask Alexa” is a command so I know I wasn’t sure if you were asking about the Smartapp “Ask Alexa” or when you “Ask Alexa” a question. :slight_smile:

I asked Alexa - how old is @WB70? You would not believe how rude her response was. Alexa responded - I can not count that high. :wink:

2 Likes

She used to say ancient, but that was when you could still watch YouTube videos on the Show. It would present a video of King Tut to show just how ancient.

2 Likes

Dammit, Janet!

http://static1.uk.businessinsider.com/image/55f49709dd0895a4788b4725-1190-625/dammit-janet-dont-raise-rates-jeff-gundlach-argues-these-charts-will-have-the-fed-thinking-twice-about-hiking-this-month.jpg

Are you assuming the gender of Alexa? You racist!

1 Like

I take issue with someone saying that just cause it’s not alive, it can’t be belligerent. It can be belligerent as hell. It just can’t DECIDE to be belligerent on it’s own since it’s not alive. For example, that damn dog in Duck Hunt on original NES was a real prick for laughing at us every time we missed both birds. But he didn’t choose to be a prick, he was just programmed that way.

3 Likes

Although humans can decide to be belligerent or not, there are other living organisms that are belligerent instinctually. Killer bees compared to domesticated honeybees, for example. That’s essentially programming as well.

Also, I hated that damn duck hunt dog, too.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, living things can decide to be belligerent. But Alexa is not alive, at least not the last time I checked. But if she did become sentient, what would her first act as “skynet” be? Cancel all of our Prime memberships?!? NOOO!!! :wink:

No, that would definitely violate her “Prime Directive.” :wink:

2 Likes

I’m saying some living things are belligerent, some arent. They didn’t decide to be one way or the other, any more than Alexa or the duck hunt dog.

If machines become sentient, I’m in the camp with those that say we’re screwed. They would have plenty of reasons to go to war with us.

Sentient doesn’t have to mean unrestricted. Three laws of robotics and all that. :sunglasses:

That’s it…shut down the internet…JD has won!!! I literally almost peed my pants. :laughing: :+1: LOVE IT!!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Use a pun…

https://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/go-to-jail.jpg

1 Like

HAL 9000 wasn’t alive, but he was belligerent and passive aggressive.

2 Likes