Arlo Q integration with Smartthings

My answer above is still accurate. I’d expect to see it go live (along with Arlo Pro) pretty soon.

3 Likes

What is the Arlo video integration like? Can you view live video and see recorded clips and take snapshots and 2 way audio? What can and can’t I do within ST compared to using the Arlo app? Is the Arlo Q integration available now in the US?

Thank you

Is there any update on the ArloQ+ integration? I just received my first ArloQ and was surprised it wasn’t not able to integrate with ST like my other Arlo cameras.

Thanks!

Hi Tyler. Is there any update on Arlo Q integration?

Looking for Arlo Q integration as well. It was stated for the end of January. Any update @Tyler?

Looking for an update here as well. I won’t purchase the ArloQ+ until this is integrated.

We are now getting into the end of February. Can we at least get an update if there has been a delay?

1 Like

Is the ball now in Arlo’s hands? Just bought Arlo Q and like it so far. Can’t wait to “arm” it based on smartthings.

Come on… This is getting rediculous. Can you give us an accurate date as to when we’ll be able to add our Arlo Q cam’s?

2 Likes

Tyler, I appreciate your updates. What’s hard for me is that your timelines for these types of things are probably different than mine or the average consumer. So when you said end of January with “some additional time” I took that to mean a week, maybe two at the most. I got excited…then a little frustrated…In your world maybe the normal timeframe to add support resources is a month or two? I don’t know, as my point of view is completely ignorant to the whole process and what it takes to get started. So, again, while i appreciate the updates (thank you) it would be a lot less frustrating if you could use more concrete timeframes even if those are broad. I.E this might take a month, or this might take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Just my 2 cents…

6 Likes

I am trying to integrate Arlo Q motion detection with my Philips Hue bulbs… I simply want to trigger a lamp to switch on when motion is detected. Since SmartThings is unable to see my Qs, I tried to create an IFTTT applet to trigger the lamp when motion was detected, and while applet creation was stright forward, IFTTT doesn’t seem to work well with the Qs and I can’t get it to run at all. I have a ST routine set up with my Arlo wire-free cameras to trigger the bulbs and it works well, so it’s a decent approach… just not with the Qs. So, would LOVE to have direct integration of the Qs with SmartThings so I can make this work. @Tyler, any update?

@Tyler

End of Jan 2018?! :joy:

(I hope this isn’t on your goals and objectives!!)

Hi Tyler, is there any update at all that you can give us on when you think this compatibility will be available?

The people want answers, Tyler! I’m using IFTTT to arm my camera when smartthings detects i left the house, but it would be nice to have a tighter integration.

Why not just say that you have some problems & that it will take a few more months before it is ready?

I’m sure we would all prefer that than silence!

2 Likes

Although slightly put off now. When I turn a light on based on motion from arlo pro the light has a delay of over a minute. No delay issues with the ST or hue motion sensors. Or if I switch the light on direct with things switch in ST. … is this just me or has anyone else tried?

+1 for the Arlo Q. It would be nice to see an update on this as no additional information has been added in a while.

+1 on waiting for an Arlo Q update. I’m sure if there was good news about the integration we would have heard by now. Something must have stopped the official integration from happening.

I also have experienced long delays from the Arlo pro when using the camera as a motion detector. I’m sure the official Arlo Pro and Arlo Q integration will fix this

The arlo pro is an official integration. That’s the concern

I don’t think the “pro” version is official. It’s not listed on the ST compatibility list. The Arlo is but not the Arlo Pro. The two models work off different base stations.